Save Air Conditioning Water For Plants

Several years ago we lived in Texas during a rather long drought. My poor roses were suffering. Because we lived in an older home that didn't have central air, we used window air conditioners.

We noticed that there were puddles outside the windows with these air conditioners. We gathered some old five gallon buckets, and placed them under the drips.

Our buckets filled quite nicely. We were able to water my roses, my house plants, and a few vegetables that I had in containers on a daily basis. We are once again utilizing our free water, since we can barely afford the water bill with our basic usage.

By Brandy J. from Bowling Green, Missouri

Watering the Garden
Conserving Water in the Garden
Better Living Green Living Conservation WaterJuly 1, 2011
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Silver pot with steam coming out of it against black background
Using Cooking Water for Watering Plants
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
woman watering in her garden
Using Greywater in the Garden