Finding a Home For a Stray Cat

Thank you for any response first of all. I live in a condo. A stray cat has found her way here. I am highly allergic and so therefore have never been able to appreciate cats. But this little one is so sweet. She really likes me. All the cat people that have come say they want her until she meets them and she growls. Her back goes up and she is not happy. Then she wraps herself around my legs. I have contacted all the shelters in my area and everyone is full. The SPCA is pretty far for me to go after work, I may not even make it there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have listed her in the local newspapers and on craigslist and nothing.

Sandy from Baltimore, MD

Best Answer

Best of luck finding a home for your new friend! You may find that as she adjusts to your home that she may feel a bit safer, and be more welcoming to possible new owners. Don't be afraid to keep contacting the shelters, or even call a local vet and ask for advice on finding a home. Again, best of luck!

Best Answer

Please phone the Vet Hospitals and tell them your problem, they may be able to help.

Also, phone Petsmart as they are in contact with all of the kitty rescue groups. There is a Petsmart in Columbia (MD) where I have boarded my dogs at their Petshotel.

By the way, when I first married my husband was very allergic to my indoor kitties, he took a pill every day from his allergist and eventually was able to stop the pills. :-)

Good Luck,

Jennifer

Alexandria, VA

Best Answer

Please do not to go freecycle. You never know the intentions of people out there. It is not safe for the pets.

Many people take "free" dogs and cats and sell them to labs. Don't take the chance with this precious kitty. Vets or Petsmart are the safe way to go.

Jennifer

Hi, Join the freecycle for your area. Go to freecycle.com. List the cat on the freecycle. Loretta

As a cat person myself, I know that cats adopt you, not the other way around. My daughter's cat "hates" all strangers, except me. He even lets me pick him up. If you are taken with the cat, see what you can do to try to control your allergies. It is their dander that we react to, perhaps he needs a bath and a flea dip. Remember, allergies come and go. good luck.

Take Zyrtec and enjoy your new kitty! It looks like she has adopted you!

Millie

I'm with Millie! I hope that somehow you will be able to keep this kitty. Obviously she has chosen YOU. If you've never had a loving, loyal pet you have no idea how much pleasure and comfort is in store for you.....should you choose to keep her! Best Wishes to you and your kitty!

First of all bathing a cat is not the 'cure' for dander

and if you have allergies check with doctor first

for this. I know asthma and cats do not mix, my mom nearly died from asthma attacks but she would not put kitty outside or give him away. So finally my dad let one of my sisters take the cat.

Mom is ok and she gets to visit.

Your kitten feels safe with you and may not be

ready to be social with others yet. I had a cat like

that and she was the best yet she could put fear

into the mailman ( i have 2 doogies now and they

would lick the mailman) and she was a sweet but

to others who come by and ask "where is you

DEVIL cat/Mean cat/Pshcyo cat etc" I tell them she

is in kitty heaven.

Perhaps petfinders.com can help and put up notes

at stores too.

Good luck.

Apparently the cat LOVES you and wants to be with you! Try some over the counter allergy medicine and see how it goes. Of course check with your nurse or doctor to make certain you can take the meds. We have a new kitten in our house and he gives us a lot of pleasure and joy! Give your kitten a name and allow him or her to brighten your life!

She loves you, and it sounds as if you love her too. You will find a way with the allergies. She has adopted you, what an honour.

Do NOT list a pet on freecycle. That's just nuts!

Have you tried to talk to yourr Dr. about getting allergy shots? I have a friend who is allergic to everything and gets monthly shots because she loves animals.

hello thank you for all the letters.

i am severaly allergic. i dont just get sniffles. i get a large yellow eyeballs and cant close them. i know all you cat people would like to hear that i kept but i will NOT KEEP HER. yes she is pretty but my health is more important. thank you

Please let us know when you have found a home for her/him?!

No answer for you. I have 12 strays that I can't fine a home for them. Don't know what to do.

A family of cats on the street.
Finding Homes for Stray Cats
Pets CatsApril 23, 2006
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume
🎉
🎄