Finding Homes for Stray Cats

Category Cats
Stray kitties would benefit greatly from being given a loving home. This is a guide about finding homes for stray cats.

Thank you for any response first of all. I live in a condo. A stray cat has found her way here. I am highly allergic and so therefore have never been able to appreciate cats. But this little one is so sweet. She really likes me. All the cat people that have come say they want her until she meets them and she growls. Her back goes up and she is not happy. Then she wraps herself around my legs. I have contacted all the shelters in my area and everyone is full. The SPCA is pretty far for me to go after work, I may not even make it there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have listed her in the local newspapers and on craigslist and nothing.

Sandy from Baltimore, MD

Answers

Best Answer

Best of luck finding a home for your new friend! You may find that as she adjusts to your home that she may feel a bit safer, and be more welcoming to possible new owners. Don't be afraid to keep contacting the shelters, or even call a local vet and ask for advice on finding a home. Again, best of luck!

Best Answer

Please phone the Vet Hospitals and tell them your problem, they may be able to help.

Also, phone Petsmart as they are in contact with all of the kitty rescue groups. There is a Petsmart in Columbia (MD) where I have boarded my dogs at their Petshotel.

By the way, when I first married my husband was very allergic to my indoor kitties, he took a pill every day from his allergist and eventually was able to stop the pills. :-)

Good Luck,
Jennifer
Alexandria, VA

Best Answer

Please do not to go freecycle. You never know the intentions of people out there. It is not safe for the pets.

Many people take "free" dogs and cats and sell them to labs. Don't take the chance with this precious kitty. Vets or Petsmart are the safe way to go.

Jennifer

I have two feral cats that live near our house. They have 11 kittens between them. I would like to trap the older two and get them neutered and release them. I don't know what to do about the kittens. I would like to find homes, but they will need to be tamed. How do you tame a feral kitten?

By Mickey from Boyertown, PA

Answers

Best Answer

We have 4 formerly feral kittens who are now happy spoiled house cats albeit with a love of the great outdoors!
Central to taming them was patience and providing food. When you do the great thing of neutering the mothers the kittens will be more likely to accept food from you and so begin to see you as a good thing.
As long as you don't try to grab them suddenly which will frighten them and make the whole processs take longer you will soon be able to gain their trust.
We found little pieces of cheese were irresistable to little cats, these days they just sit by the fridge and tell us they want some!