Crustless Quiche Recipes

I am looking for crustless quiche recipes. They would need to be gluten and wheat free. Thank you!

Laurel from Port Orchard, WA

My mom is also on a gluten free diet :) I found this one that looks really tasty!

http://www.sosc  -quiche?sos_l=en

Good luck!

You can adapt any Quiche recipe to crustless by buttering your pan and watching the cooking time closely (it doesn't take quite as long without the crust). My favorite is Quiche Lorraine. Just Google it and you will come up with the recipe.

Hope this helps. jsham

Check out the South Beach Diet, or Dr. Gotts, No sugar or no Flour. I too am on a gluten free diet.

I have been trying to cut back on calories for years and looked at the crust in quiches as a way to do that. One thing I did was shred some potatoes and place them in the bottom of the pie dish, then I sprayed or brushed olive oil over them and a little salt and pepper, placed that in the broiler for a few minutes until the potatoes were lightly browned, then I would put the egg mixture over the "crust" and bake as usual. It was always a hit. I have also used cooked rice and skipped the browning step and that worked out nicely too. Most of the time now I just spray my pans with Olive oil and pour the egg mixture right in the pan and bake. Comes out fine.

Admittedly my ideas aren't crustless, but they are gluten-free, because my best friend is a Celiac sufferer and I enjoy cooking for her. I make my quiche and pie crusts from:

1. Ground nuts

2. Gluten-free oats (only specially certified), ground to powder in the food processor, then used just like regular flour

3. Gluten-free 'flour' by Bob's Red Mill, used just like wheat flour

4. Mashed potatoes, real or instant.

My husband is allergic to gluten and I have found that cooked brown rice with an eggwhite mixed in makes a wonderful crust. Sometimes I throw in some Sheep Parmesan cheese (I am allergic to cow's milk) It has worked for the past 23 years. My sons even liked it.

Isn't a crustless quiche actually a fritatta? I make mine in a glass pie dish sprayed with Pam spray. I mix 3 eggs, 3/4 cups egg beaters, (or 6 eggs total) 1/4 cup skim milk, and any vegetables that are handy (and appropriate) with cheese on top. Bake for 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Delicious!

This one is a bit involved, but very good!

5 eggs

1/2 cup half and half

1/2 cup water

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground dry mustard

3/4 cup meat or veggie of your choice

2 cups cheese

cooking spray

9 inch pie pan

Preheat oven to 350. Spray pan with oil. Spread cheese into pie pan like crust, even on bottom and sides. Put chopped veggies/meat on top of cheese.

In a separate bowl, combine eggs, water, half and half and spices. Mix until well blended and pour over meat/veggies. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes (although I have found that I need to bake mine for 70 minutes).

Enjoy!