Two BBQ Sandwich Recipes

Well with the price of groceries sky high, I went through my recipes for recipes I make that are not expensive and you can have for dinner with a side dish or by itself. Most of the ingredients you have on hand. There are 2 and they differ a little in the sauce and also one calls for Hamburg and chipped ham, one calls for chipped ham only. But they are both very good, EASY! (which of course moms always want to hear those words) and not expensive, which is another key ingredient these days.

BBQ Chipped Ham Sandwiches

Ingredients

• 1 lb. shaved ham (chipped), torn into little pieces
  • 1 onion,
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 Tbsp. vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 (12 oz) ketchup
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. celery (optional)
  • 1 cup. water

Directions

Brown onions and celery in butter until soft. Add other ingredients (except ham). Cook stirring frequently until hot, drain butter and add ham stir until hot. I have, the day before, cut celery and onion and ripped the ham.Then I just had to throw it all together, which is nice if you are going to be busy!

I can not eat onions, I have made this recipe by browning the celery draining the celery on a paper towel and getting rid of the butter. Then I added my ingredients in a saucepan and made it that way and it is just as good.

This second recipe is just as good but is for more people

BBQ Beef Sandwiches

Ingredients

• 2 lb. ground beef
  • 1/2-1 lb. chipped ham
  • 1 cup celery and onion, finely chopped

Sauce:

• 1 can tomato soup (reglar size can)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup ketchup

Directions

Cook hamburger, celery and onion in skillet, drain grease. In saucepan, add sauce ingredients and stir together until hot. Add chipped ham and mix. Add your hamburger mixture. Mix again and cook until all ingredients are nice and hot. These are good and I really hope you enjoy them!

By Darlene from Fairview Pa

Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches BBQMarch 19, 2008
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipes
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
Cooking for Two
Cooking for Two Recipes
Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
Making BBQ for a Large Group
🎄