Barbecued Pork Sandwiches

Category Sandwiches
Barbecued pork sandwiches are a good choice for many occasions, in addition to your family's evening meal. This is a guide about barbecued pork sandwiches.

Does anyone have a good recipe for BBQ pork sandwiches like they have at graduation parties or weddings? I would like it to have simple ingredients you already have in your pantry like ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, etc. Also which cut of pork should you use? Thank you for helping me.

Kathy from IL

Top Comment

I use pork butt. Place in crock pot with onion, salt and pepper. Cover in Coca Cola. Place lid on. Cook low temp for 8 hours. Remove from pot and shred. Easy to do with fork. I use purchased bbq sauce. We like honey flavored.

Top Comment

Hi, My husband loves for the meat to be really tender so his favorite recipe is to put pork roast, boston butt or bonless loin in a large crock pot, cover it with 6 tablespoons of dill pickle juice and cover it with Texas Pete hot sauce really well. You don't add any other salt, pepper or other seasonings. Cover with lid and cook all night on low. Next morning lift meat out of juice (there will be plenty), debone it and shred it up. Then you can add your sauce ( he uses Cattleman's golden).

Hope you enjoy.

Top Comment

My family loves this recipe so much I had to bring my crock pot with us on vacation (son-in-laws all requested it):

Put your pork in a crock pot and cover with ginger ale. Cook, when done, drain off the ginger ale, shred and put back in the crock pot with barbecue sauce. Just heat until it is the temperature you want.

Ingredients

• 3 Tbsp. chopped onion
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 can tomato sauce (8oz)
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. prepared mustard
  • 1 cup shredded or diced cooked pork
  • 2 hamburger buns, split

Directions

In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add pork; cook and stir until heated through.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This is a good recipe for BBQ sandwiches. You will need a package of boneless pork ribs, a couple onions, 1 bottle of BBQ sauce and a Tbsp. of Liquid Smoke. Put in crock pot and when done (8 hours), take out and chop up for BBQ sandwiches.

By Annette in East TX

Answers:

Barbecue Sandwiches

Thanks for the idea! I tried it out and they tasted really, really good! (04/27/2007)

By jessa*