Household Repair Kit

I put together my own little repair and tool box so that when I need to fix something quickly, I don't need to go to the shed and search for the tool I need.

I put in a couple of screwdrivers, both regular and Phillips, a small hammer, a few nails and screws, a roll of mashing tape, duct tape, a pair of pliers, a wire cutter type pliers, some heavy duty glue, a box cutter, etc.

Put these things in a little wooden work box and store it under your bed. Then when you need it, you know where it is. This has saved me many hours of aggravation when something needs fixing. It helps to have the smaller tools you need, all organized in one spot.

By Eveh from Gulf Coast

Great encouraging idea! I have been wanting one of those pretty, girly ones that are out there for women. But I could decorate the box or have a humorous or encouraging saying on mine. I hate always asking my husband to fix things if I could do it. There's enough I can't do. Thanks!

Excellent idea! The only thing I'd suggest to add is a small flashlight, and perhaps batteries to match. If you lose power like we did a year or so ago when the remnants of Hurricane Ike blew through, you'll know where at least one source of light is. It's unnerving to be left in total darkness!

October 14, 2011 Flag

Green Household Tool Box

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about creating a household toolbox. It's tough to get chores and projects done around the house if you can't find the right tools for the job. Making a household tool box can make it easier for everyone in the house to get done what they need to.