Garden: Red Russian Kale

I love kale and color so what better plant than Red Russian Kale!

When planning a garden don't restrict yourself to plants available locally. Consider the options of starting plants from seed. The varieties that are available in catalogs and online seem endless and so much more fun. I like to grow organically so starting from seed works for me most of the time. This Red Russian Kale is a great example, it is an heirloom, meaning I can save seeds to plant next year, it has a wonderful shape and the color is well not red but has beautiful lavender stems and greenish gray leaves. I love a beautiful and tasty garden.

The white spots are a reflection of the flash off the dew drops when I took the picture this morning.

By Viki from Abbeville, AL

Red Russian Kale

Growing Kale
Growing Kale
Photos GardenMay 30, 2008
Russian Tea
Russian Tea Recipes
closeup of a cabbage
Growing Brassicas
Growing Ornamental Kale