Window Treatment Ideas For French Doors

I am looking for a window treatment for French Doors. Currently, I am using sheers and I am tired of them, in addition, they look bulky. Can anyone help?

Kelly from Toledo OH

At Home Depot, they have static-cling plastic stained glass that you cut to size for your windows (or french door panels) They have a few different patterns- from flowers to geometric to frosted. I use a flower pattern for complete privacy in our bathroom. The nice thing is that they're removable whenever you get tired of them. If you go to www.homedepot.com and enter "artscape" or "light effects" as your keyword, you'll get several examples.

Your choices depend upon whether you need privacy, sun protection, or merely want to "dress up" the French doors.

If you don't have privacy needs and just want something to finish them off, you could try a swag draped over a decorative rod that is hung above the doors. (The image I've attached is from my own house). It's hard to tell from the photo, but the swags are asymmetrical with the outer swag on each window extending much lower than the inside swag.

Of course, this treatment doesn't help if you need privacy or sun protection. If this is the case, you might try a blind like the Hunter Douglas "Trio" (which closes to look like a honeycomb blind but opens to look like a mini blind) or a designer screen shade. (In this case it would be mounted directly on the door, rather than above, of course.)

I was fascinated to see something called Wallpaper For Windows at my local paint store. It seems to be like the static cling plastic mentioned by Beth MA. It is frosted in area and has white lines to make a pattern while some is clear depending on the design. I loved the one that was like a conservatory with wicker chairs and palm trees!

I've seen rolls of darkened plastic that you can see through only one way, at Menard's, if you have one in your area. You cut it to your window size and I believe it's removable too.

Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement WindowsJuly 26, 2007
Window Screen
Alternate Uses for Window and Door Screens
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
French Doors
Inexpensive French Doors to Replace Sliding Glass Door
Kitchen Window Treatment
Kitchen Window Treatment Color Advice
🎉
🎄