Inexpensive French Doors to Replace Sliding Glass Door

Category Doors
French doors lend a bit of elegance and charm to a room. This is a guide about inexpensive French doors to replace sliding glass door.

I am looking for inexpensive French doors to fit into sliding patio doors space?

Answers

Charlene,
I just replaced two exterior windows with French Doors - you need to be sure you get EXTERIOR doors - the indoor versions are not insulated and sealed to be an outer door. I got mine at a major national home improvement store -and they were about $300.

Another place to check is recycled house parts warehouses - don't know if there are any in your area, but basically they go to homes - old and new - that are being torn down, and salvage all the useable pieces and parts -windows, doors, mantles, woodwork, things like that. You might get lucky.

I LOVE my french doors - hope you find something!

Back when we replaced ours, we bought an atrium door (One is a glass panel and the other is a functioning door. They look like french doors.) that a building center had for the floor model. While not cheap, we got it $200 off.

let me know if you find some. I also want to replace my slider. It is to heavy from me to get open most days. And I would need someone that knows how to put them in. I could pay a small amount and cook a big pot of homemade soup as barter. And cornbread too,

great granny Vi