Paint Color Ideas for Kitchen

I need advice on what color to paint my kitchen. I have a small kitchen with one window facing NW which gets afternoon light. The countertops are a dappled greyish/charcoal, the cupboards are your typical stain, and the appliances are black. My dining room opens to it and is yellow. At the other entry is my living room which is red.

Currently the kitchen is light blue, I feel like I am in a hospital. It is cold and not friendly. I hate it. I do not know what to do. I was ready to revert to white and my daughter said it would look like McDonalds. Please help. Thank you.

By Colleen

Yellow would brighten up the room since you only have afternoon sun. White curtains would work well, or white with a small green or yellow flower. Darker colors make the room look smaller, so stay away from these.

You could go with the same yellow as in the dining room, or perhaps a warm cream color. Since you are feeling "cold" in that room, you want something from the warm side of the color wheel. Green -- the yellow green shades-- is a warmer color as well. Light taupe might also work. Do any of those colors appeal to you?

Photo of Curtains and coutertop samples
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJuly 22, 2011
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice