Cleaning a Moses Basket

I am expecting my second baby in 6 weeks and need to clean up a palm moses basket which has been stored in the loft. It needs disinfecting thoroughly before I place a newborn in it - is there a way to do this without soaking it in chemicals?!

Lis from Bristol, England

Spray it with a light bleach and water solution and then let it sit in the sunlight. After a day in the sunlight, spray it with a clear solution and let it dry the same way.

If it needs it, do it again. Stay away from the fumes in your condition, OK?

You do need to clean it in some way like they said above, but first I would blow it clean to rid dust mites or spiders and eggs of any sort like flies etc. You can do that using high air pressure. If your husband has an air compresser just set the PSI on it at a real high number like 40 or 50 psi then just blow through every part & crevice of it with the air hose.

If you do not have an air hose in your garage just go to any gas station where they have air hoses most are free to use some you have to put 25 cent to run it for 2-3 minutes.And just do the same thing. you will see a lot of dust come out so you'll know its dust and bug free, then clean it like the other person suggest.

Thanks so much - I will be giving both these suggestions a go.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceOctober 19, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
A gift basket for guests at a wedding.
Gift Basket Ideas for Wedding Guests
🎄
🍂