Removing Ink from Old Paper

I have some old Record sleeves that has a signature written on it. I want to remove the signature. Do you know of a product that can remove ink from paper? I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

I don't know if I should buy an old 45 RPM with the paper sleeve that has a signature written on it in ink or not. It all depends on if I can get the ink off of the paper sleeve. Please let me know if there is a product out there that does this and I will surely buy it. Sincerely.

Irene Irene

Use lighter fluid. My friend owns a bookstore, and another a antique store. Use it sparingly, and try it on the most inconspicuous spot.

Try a Magic Rub Eraser. They can get dirt, ink, and a lot of other things off of paper. You can buy them at art supply stores, school suppliers, Walmart, etc. for a couple of dollars or so. Don't get the pink pearl type erasers. They will only smudge it.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/sanford-magic-rub-eraser/

June 30, 2011 Flag

I have a piece of old paper, that was written on 2 months ago with a black ballpoint pen. How can I remove this ink from the paper without removing the original quality of paper? Basically this old paper is my birth form and some information. Thank you.

By fFhim

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Do you know the ink source, liquid, gel? Bic? Whomever, if so, give them a call to see how to remove it safely. You could scan it and remove the ink via Photoshop, other than that, you can send to Vital Statistics for another certified copy.

A paper archivist could remove the ink safely but it would probably cost more than the cost of a new document.

Call your local library and ask for the manager of the genealogy department. If that person can't tell you what to try you can probably be directed to a book on the subject. While it seems a simple task, whatever solution you use has to remove the unwanted ink without disturbing the original print, and the paper makes a difference too.

Forgers will use Acetone (nail polish remover) to dissolve ink, though I've never tried myself and cannot vouch for the results. Cover any ink you don't want to be dissolved with scotch/cello tape (be sure to double over one end so you can remove it later). Then pour a measure of Acetone into a pan or tray large enough to fit the document, and wash it be gently sweeping it through the acetone until the ink is gone. Hang to dry, and finally remove the tape.

July 20, 2012 Flag

How can I remove a signature on a message pad written with a ball point pen?

By ARR

Unless, I am misunderstanding something in your question, can't you just get rid of the page that has the signature on it?

I bought a car and the seller signed his name in the buyer spot, how can we fix this

spilled ink on document
Removing Ink From Paper
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 4, 2009
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Pen Ink on Paper
Removing Pen Ink From Paper
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄