By Barbara from Dallas, TX
I agree with the vinegar and water mix.
But you might try crumbled up newspaper instead of a cloth.
Use the newsprint tho, not the glossy ads.
It will make your appliances sparkle just like it does for windows.
I feel for you. On Thanksgiving one year our stove died. So I tell my hubby that if he don't find a stove there will be no Thanksgiving dinner. The only one he could find was black. Nothing would keep it clean. I shined it with windex and all the little lint fibers arrived back all safe and sound so I gave it away and bought me a white one.
I used to have an all black refrigerator that was the kind that did not have the finger smudge proof coating. After wet wipe cleaning just wipe again with a dry non terry cloth type of cotton towel.
I use white (clear) vinegar. Then I put one drop (only 1) of liquid dish washing detergent. Add the water, half water half vinegar and shake well, pour on a soft cotton rag, and wash, wash, wash and polish with a clean cotton rag. Don't let it dry, polish it dry. it works.
Try using vinegar or a vinegar/water mix. Make sure to dry it well. I have a cooktop that only looks good if I clean it with straight vinegar and buff dry with paper towels. No smears or streaks!
Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.