Roasted Vegetables and Rosemary Chicken Soup
I often roast twice the vegetables and freeze them with chicken and minced rosemary for a really quick weeknight meal. A rotisserie chicken supplies enough meat for two soups and can be used to make homemade broth too.
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 potatoes, coarsely chopped (Yukon Gold are my favorite)
- 1 each, green and red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow or sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 2 qts. chicken broth
Roast vegetables in 350 degree F oven, uncovered for 1 hour or until soft and browned. When vegetables are done, add to soup pot with chicken, rosemary and broth. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste.
Jess from Portland, OR
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 6:02:47 PM on 10.0.1.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us