Homemade Nestle Quik Recipes

Making your own chocolate milk mix can save you money. This page contains homemade Nestle Quik recipes.

February 6, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know the proportion of cocoa to sugar in products such as Nestle Quik? Many recipes call for Nestle Quik as an ingredient and I won't buy it premixed. Thanks for your help.

Susan from Omaha, NE

I have long wanted this recipe!

Lecithin is a natural fat emulsifier - that's probably one reason why the original version doesn't float on top. The second is probably because it is so fine. The tip to pulse it in a blender or food processor may help. I'm going to purchase some lecithin next time I order vitamins/supplements.

By the way, I think cocoa processed with alkali is actually dutch-processed cocoa. I purchase my dutch-process cocoa from www.penzeys.com but you could find it at any good spice store.

I tried mixing powdered sugar and cocoa and it turned out great! It tastes like Nestles quik. I use it in making shakes with ice cream. I estimated that I used 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 2 scoops from an empty Neslle quik container. You can adjust the proportions of powdered sugar and cocoa to your taste. I made a shake and it tasted like I had used the real Nestle Quik. It might work to make chocolate milk. You will have to try and see.

If you add coffee creamer to the mix, it will dissolve and not clump up on top of the water.

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages Warm DrinksNovember 25, 2012
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe