Homemade Nestle Quik Recipes

Making your own chocolate milk mix can save you money. This page contains homemade Nestle Quik recipes.

February 6, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know the proportion of cocoa to sugar in products such as Nestle Quik? Many recipes call for Nestle Quik as an ingredient and I won't buy it premixed. Thanks for your help.

Susan from Omaha, NE

There are lots of cocoa recipes out there like the one suggested here, but I think Susan is wanting a chocolate powder mix, which goes in milk to make chocolate milk. I've never seen a recipe for this anywhere. It would be worth experimenting with, I think. I usually make chocolate syrup for them to put in milk.

I use this recipe for hot chocolate and I imagine it would be just as good with cold milk ... I also add just a splash of vanilla flavoring/extract ...

1 heaping teaspoon Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa powder, 2 heaping teaspoons sugar and two cups (16 ounces) milk ...

Don't know if this will help, but the next time your in the supermarket look on the Nestle Quik can at the ingredients. This should give you an ideal what is in it. I have never seen it as a recipe or a copycat recipe.

The ingredients on the can are:

sugar, cocoa(processed with alkali), whey, lecithin, artificial flavor.

I don't know how anyone could copy this at home unless they are good with chemistry.

My suggestion is to make your own chocolate syrup with cocoa, sugar and water.

You can make good cold chocolate milk with that and it works in recipes too.

I would bet if you took the standard cocoa and sugar measurments and put them in a food processor and processed them til they are fine like the Quik mix, you probably would get the same results.

This is one problem I have not been able to solve either and it has been driving me crazy.

I won't buy Nestle due to their horrible world trade child labor travesties so, I have searched and tried many different recipes for homemade chocolate powder and have not found one yet that will dissolve instantly in milk. It leaves it on top of the glass no matter how long I mix it in the food processor, therefore the family will not drink it nor do they like the syrup. So when we can find it we buy Hershey's Powder, but I would rather make my own.

I,myself, warm up the milk just slightly and it dissolves most of the way for me.

This is the recipe I like the best

2/3C Cocoa

1C sugar or less if desired

dash of salt

If anyone finds a better one that dissolves let me know.

Scarlett from MD

I have long wanted this recipe!

Lecithin is a natural fat emulsifier - that's probably one reason why the original version doesn't float on top. The second is probably because it is so fine. The tip to pulse it in a blender or food processor may help. I'm going to purchase some lecithin next time I order vitamins/supplements.

By the way, I think cocoa processed with alkali is actually dutch-processed cocoa. I purchase my dutch-process cocoa from www.penzeys.com but you could find it at any good spice store.

I tried mixing powdered sugar and cocoa and it turned out great! It tastes like Nestles quik. I use it in making shakes with ice cream. I estimated that I used 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 2 scoops from an empty Neslle quik container. You can adjust the proportions of powdered sugar and cocoa to your taste. I made a shake and it tasted like I had used the real Nestle Quik. It might work to make chocolate milk. You will have to try and see.

If you add coffee creamer to the mix, it will dissolve and not clump up on top of the water.

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages Warm DrinksNovember 25, 2012
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Chocolate
Chips
Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
🎉
🎄