My Frugal Life - One Proud Mom!

For the last year our daughter has done many fundraising events. Her school concert band wanted to attend Disney World in Florida over spring break and she needed to earn her own way. She sold enough that she even had a credit that was her spending money while there.

She called the other morning to ask if she could get a shirt from the Rainforest. Then in mid-sentence she said "Oh wait! I have a coupon for 15% off - that will make it better". I thought to myself, "She's learning. Yeah!" She's due home tomorrow and she still has over $100 left. I'm sure proud of her!

By Nancy from Troy, OH

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

You have got to be a very proud mama!!

Congratulations on raising a fine & frugal young lady :)

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeMay 9, 2006
tips for new moms
Time Management Tips for New Moms
A teen knitting a house.
Craft Ideas for Teens
Two child's hand print ornaments.
Homemade Birthday Gift Ideas for Mom
A daughter hugging her mother on her birthday.
Birthday Gift Ideas for Your Mom