Wax on Wicker Table

How can I clean wax off of my table which has a wicker type table top. It's red wax that seems to have stained the dark blond wicker color. It's not too noticeable to other peoples eyes though. I scraped a lot off, but there's wax in the grooves i just couldn't reach.

Heather from Grand Rapids, Minnesota

Try using a hair dryer to melt the rest of the wax enough to wipe up or drip all the way through. Unless there's anyway you could freeze it, but since it's a table I doubt it'll fit in your fridge, huh? hehe. If it did, though, I'd say freeze it and then smack the thing silly fresh out of the freezer.

You could try putting a clean cotton rag over the wax, and heating it gently with your iron. The melted wax should stick to the rag. Keep the iron at a low temperature, and sort of blot the wax stain with the cloth after heating the wax up. This method got candle wax out of a carpet for me, and may work for your table.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureOctober 17, 2007
Wicker Furniture
Waterproofing Wicker Furniture
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
Painted Wicker Chair
Painting Wicker Furniture
cat on a wicker chair
Repairing Cat Scratches on Wicker Furniture