Homemade Airwick Air Fresheners

Does anyone know how to make something similar to the "AirWick" type of air freshener?

Bev from Grand Rapids, MN

I have used essential oils as air freshners before. Just put a few drops on a coffee filter or a paper towel (coffee filter works best because it sits up like a "tent") and put wherever you want nice smells!

I used to buy the plug-in air fresheners, but I never will again. I refill the empty bottles with my own scents! You can pull out the wick, fill it about 1/3 of the way with your choice of essential oil and almost the rest of the way with water (careful though, fill it too full and it will spill when you put the wick back in), place your finger over the top and shake, then put the wick back in and plug it in! It's super easy, better for the environment, better for the people breathing it in, and nice to choose any scent you want rather than be limited by the dizzyingly chemical laden artificial scents that are sold in stores.

Homemade Air Freshener Recipes
Homemade Air Fresheners
Make Your Own CleaningJanuary 30, 2006
Getting Rid of the Smell from a Plugin Air Freshener
Plugged in air freshener
Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?
flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality