Stretching Nail Polish

I have a favorite nail polish and I'm about to run out before my other hand is done. Is there any way to add something to stretch it?

franz2nutty

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Local beauty supply stores have a nail thinner you can add. Don't add remover as some people try. Cheap nail salons use the thinner so they have to buy less polish. But it works in a pinch.

If polish is thick or almost gone, I put in just a drop or two of nail polish remover. It thins out super thick polish or gets the polish to not be coating the walls of the bottle.

Don't know what to use to stretch the polish - but I do know that if you put nail polish remover in it your polish will be dull and ugly on your nails.

how about some clear nail polish?

I've used pure acetone in a pinch. I keep it in one of the nail polish remover bottles that has a squirt lid, that way I can use it to put a few drops in the polish. Regular polish remover is not good. It has other stuff in it that just makes a mess. I don't do it all the time, but I have rescued old or running out polish before.

Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsSeptember 29, 2006
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 10:25:26 PM on 10.0.2.219 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.