How To Make A Beautiful Flower Bed

This summer, I decided to make a flower garden for the first time. I started by blocking off a space for the flowers to go. Make sure you have lots of soil to fill in the space. I went to nearby gardening centers to pick out the flowers I wanted. My suggestion is to pick a variety of colors, that makes it much more noticable and pretty. Also, find out how big the flowers are going to get, otherwise you will end up with a overly crowded bed. I made that mistake and ended up having to take some out. After they are planted just make sure you water them everyday and get the weeds out when needed.

By Heather from Stanton, KY

FlowerBed800x200.gif

How To Make A Beautiful Flower Bed

1st time, I'm impressed..

To Heather from Stanton, KY, I love this idea for a garden. My partner does the gardening as I'm no longer physically able to do any weeding. I also like the use of railroad ties. My partner uses red woodchips and planted flowers along the front of our home, both sides of our front door. I prefer the ties because it reminds me so much of the country and in the small urban street we live on, even though it's downtown, I think something yellow

would look fantastic among the red wood chips. I'm not one for perfection in a garden...I prefer the natural English country garden look. My e-mail address is feMyNysT @ hotmail.com

Photos GardenJuly 24, 2007
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎄