AdviceCleaning

Getting Rid of Skunk Smell

Getting rid of skunk smell?

You didn't mention where the skunk smell is coming from.

I've heard that straight tomato juice gets rid of skunk smell.

I also found this website that may help your situation.

http://www.skun  ts.com/odor1.htm

Last year our dog got a skunk. Oh my! I sprayed OdoBan on his fur, used rubber gloves and rubbed it into his fur, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinsed it with warm water. It didn't take it completely away, but it sure improved the situation! Our dog did not have any ill effects from using the product on him. I get my OdoBan from Sam's or Wal-Mart.

Good luck!

The following appeared in a magazine back in the hippy days. "First, wash the article in tomato juice, rinse well and hang it outdoors to dry. If the smell still exists, repeat the process. Repeat a third time, if necessary. If the smell has still not gone, take it into the woods and bury it deep, then go and buy a new article of clothing."

Tomato juice or Puree diluted. You can wash clothing in it also if not allergic, you can wash your body or an animal in it. It is the least expensive and most effective natural product. Any thrift store brand will do. Vinegar (regular or cider) is a good rinse before laundering.

And Yes! to Sheliamay's post, it was listed in an old "Hippy Magazine" called The Whole Mother Earth Catalog, when you bought the ideal miracle skunk smell remover, you received Tomatoe Juice !! Oh how we are trying to get back to the basics...

My dog got sprayed last summer by a skunk. Tomato juice did not work. Instead we found something that did. 1 liter of vinegar or peroxide mixed with 1/4 baking soda, and 1 tsp. of dish detergent. Avoid getting near a dog's eyes. Gary Dominicus