Use Vaseline To Avoid Dry Legs

In the winter, I take extra hot showers and end up with dry very itchy legs. I no longer have that problem because, right before I get in the shower, I slather my legs with Vaseline. It repels the hot water from going directly on my legs. When I get out of the shower, I have beaded up water on my legs and gently pat them dry. My legs are smooth and have never itched again.

By Linda from Oceanside, CA

"OLAY" Moisturerinse works quite well. it is a lotion you put on in the shower and it keeps your skin very moist. I have found I don't need to apply any extra lotion when I get out of the shower. The Shea formula is excellent!

Thanks Linda,

That is a great idea. I will be trying it. My legs get so dry and I have sensitive skin that itches. And this sounds cheap too. I am on a tight budget. I will do this tomorrow, I did not have the money to buy any more lotion right now, but do have some Vaseline( generic kind, lol). Again thanks!!!

Connie

Be careful = I would think that whatever Vaseline is showered off would pose a slipping hazard in the tub/shower. Ouch!!

I use baby oil. Put it on right before you get out of the shower, then lightly pat your skin dry. The baby oil keeps the moisture of the water in your skin. A big bottle lasts a long time, especially if you squirt the oil onto some sort of applicator and then rub it onto your skin. I use a long-handled moisturizer applicator that my daughter bought me in a catalog for people with disabilities. I wet it first then add the baby oil so a wet washcloth would work just as well. I used to have awful dry skin and psoriasis all over my body but that has totally cleared up - as long as I use the baby oil!

Running to Make Your Legs Look Better
Making Your Legs Look Better
Health & Beauty Beauty Body TipsJanuary 24, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
dining room chairs
Finding Caps for Chair Legs
Vaseline
Removing Vaseline Stains
🎉
🎄