Dog Food RecipesDogs

Recipes for Yorkshire Terriers

I am looking for homemade dog food recipes for Yorkshire Terriers.

Gordon from Union City, NJ

I am feeding my 8 year old Yorkie Webster boiled chicken, brown rice and diced carrots. I boil the chicken with no spice, debone and pull off all the fat. I was putting that in a blender and pulverizing it to death but am am now pulling the meat into little pieces and mixing it with brown rice and the carrots. I do put the cooked carrots in a small chopper and chop them into small pieces. Making 1 chicken, 2 servings of brown rice and 4 or 5 carrots gives me enough food for 2 weeks. I also free feed Webster Wellness dry dog food to ensure he gets all the vitamins and minerals he needs. Hope this helps! Mitzi

My vet told me to try this recipe and my yorkie, Oso

loves it!

One ground turkey roll

bake it with no spices

let cool then slice and I put some in frig

and some in freezer and I serve it with small

baby carrots, boiled and luke warm he loves his

special meal also another veggie fav is green beans

I buy cans and slice them up small and he just goes

nuts over green beans and vets says they are good for him

he gets dry pedigree and some wet pedigree mainly

so i use little slices of turkey for healthy treats this is Oso hogging the shot of our Jack Russell Cookie.

Visit http://flip195.wordpress.com/, this is a blog primarily about making food for your critters.

Losts of useful info there, and the great news is IT"S FREE, Recipes, Ideas, Hints ALL FREE.

try these 2 sites out

http://www.squi  odsecretsreview/

http://www.wellness-dog-food.com

Think I will try the carrots chopped too. Maggie Mae and Jackson Fletcher are my 2 chihuahuas, both about 4#. Wal Mart has chicken hind quarters in 10# bags for about $4 a bag. Every two weeks or so I bake a bag, cool, skin and debone the meat. Usually I chop it up in small pieces and freeze it in zip lock bags or small yogurt containers. Sometimes I add a bit of rice or left overs. Maggie likes peas and Jackson likes green beans. Webster looks like a hoot! Got to love the little critters. I am so thankful they let me live with them!

My mother had a Chihuahua identical to the little black and tan one she weighed about 2 lbs her name was Maggie may as well. My mother passed away last November and Maggie May was adopted she would be 6yrs old in April

I have a Multipoo and he is so cute & so smart. But all of you please make sure you do not buy anything from China. Read very carefully. Usually in small letters it will say Made in China. I use Iams for small dogs and also put in carrots and rice. Brown or white is good for all dogs. Also, I went online to look for natural doggie treats made in The USA only. Give them only things made in USA. Also rawhide should only be made in USA. Just be very careful with our little babies. We love them so and they depend on us!

Lots of home cooked recipes for animals on my blog and they are all free. Start here and work your way through the blog for some great recipes and ideas. http://flip195.  .com/2007/04/14/

Do not feed corn to your dog, dogs can not digest corn.

Any dog needs 3% of it's ideal body weight per day in food, I like to spilt it into 2 meals minimum to avoid bloat. Each meal should consist of at least 50% meat, I perfer 75% but thats just me.

I have a tiny yorkie (5lbs) and would like to know how to make him home made healthy food and how much of what vitamins to give him- he has had bouts of pancreatitius- I would like to prevent this problem.

I have a beautiful 1 yr old yorkie named Willow. She is the love of our life. I have researched so many types of dog foods and was sickened by some of them. Iams is one of them. I watched a video where dogs were treated so cruelly. I cried. I found a dry dog food called canidae that is holistic and uses human grade meats and lots of veggies.

I also make my own for her. It has turkey. I buy a turkey breast with lots of carrots, green beans and brown rice. Willow loves this. I warm it up for her and add it to her kibble. Always check the ingredients in their kibble. Never buy foods with "by-products" in them. I don't want to eat beaks and hooves and our pets shouldn't have to either. Enjoy your pets. They are our true loyal friends!

Go to yorkietalk.com and check out the health and diet section.

I have 6 Yorkies and have always cooked for them. I use boiled chicken, brown rice, carrots, scrambled eggs a little powdered milk and a couple of calcium tabs ground up with the chicken. I use 76 per cent meat. I also make dehydrated beef sticks from ground lean beef for treats. I just recently lost one of my dogs at 18 and have another at 17 and my Vet cannot believe how good he looks.The only food I would consider other than mine is Paul Newman's or Solid Gold. Every now and then I give my Yorkies some Cod Liver Oil.

Hi, I have a very sickly yorkie. So I am going to try homemade food, I came up with ground turkey, ground round - mixed added carrot and green beens, my vet suggested I use a little fresh garlic, as it will keep the fleas away and add flavor plus its healthy for them. Am I missing anything, something for flavor? Or does that sound ok, oops and brown rice. Doesn't seem like it would have much flavor. He is 9 months and I have had 7 vet visits.

Anonymous

I have been told do not give them garlic, so may want to check that out. Hope your baby gets better soon. Pacreatitis is a very serious thing we lost a Yorkie to it so if he or she is ill find a vet quickly.

Anonymous

NO garlic!! It builds up and is very toxic to your furbabay.

My Yorkshire Terrier has Liver disease. I just found out from her vets so I need food she will eat. She won't eat the food the vets giving her so now I am looking for some good Recipes for Yorkshire Terriers plz can someone help me here is my e_mail adds ginawichert AT yahoo.com

I have one Yorkshire dog and she is now pregnant, about 45 days. I am giving her lots of carrots, boiled meat, and chicken. I am wondering if it is good for her or not. Please give me some advice.

Dechen

Meat chicken and carrots are not an adequate diet. Especially for a pregnant dog. Get a high quality commercial dogfood to be sure your puppies get all the vitamins and minerals and trace elements they need. Or you could take the time it takes to study canine nutrition and formulate your own recipe. I would go for the commercial dog food

Anonymous

How about peas, blueberries and chickpeas. Maybe some enzymes and prenatal dog vitamin .