Water Leaking from Freezer Door on GE Side by Side

I have a double door GE refrigerator that is leaking from the freezer door. I know that the drain line is clear. The door is leaking from the bottom of the door. I removed the inside cover and checked behind the door cover, but could not see anything because of the door being filled with Styrofoam. What would this water be leaking from?

By Rose from VA

Answers

I don't have a GE side by side, but I do have a Maytag side by side that had the same thing happening. I discovered that if I pulled it out and vaccumed out everywhere I could reach from the back side and underneath in the front (remove the grill), all the leaking stopped. After a while, it began leaking again and I cleaned in the same way. Again, it solved the problem. Simple to try. Hope it works for you.

Refrigerator
Refrigerator is Leaking Water
Home and Garden Repair Appliances FreezerSeptember 13, 2010
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 7:42:53 PM on 10.0.1.138 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.