Cleaning Baked On Food

Take enough cream of tartar to cover the area to be cleaned and/or to remove baked on food. Add enough vinegar to make a thin paste. Cover the area to be cleaned and apply extra thick on baked on areas. Leave on 12 hours. Wipe off and wash thoroughly. Use second application if necessary.

By Charley from West Henrietta, NY

Cream of tartar is very expensive where I live- about $7 for a small box. I use baking soda which I can buy at the dollar store for next to nothing.

This worked great for me with a pan that I cooked some carrots in and it boiled dry and burned (blackened the bottom inside of stainless steel pan). Thanks for the tip!

I agree with Mary. Cream of tartar would not be thrifty for me. Soda works just as well anyway.

Sprinkle baking soda and salt, then sprinkle vinegar until all is foaming. Pour boiling water over all and let cool. By the time it's cool enough to touch and wipe away, about 30 minutes you will have an easy job of it.

This is less expensive, and quicker too for those that like to go to bed with a clean and shiny kitchen.

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenMarch 8, 2007
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food
🎉
🎄