Dressing Up a Lattice Fence

I have a lattice fence that hides my pool equipment. I placed Christmas lights (the net kind that you use on shrubs) on the lattice and then planted a vine to cover the lights (I used passionflower here in zone 8 but you could use any vine that does well in your area). At night the lights twinkle through the vine. It adds some soft lighting to the pool area. Trust me you will love it.

By Patricia from Scranton, SC

That is a very nice idea. I'm sure it looks great. I think I will give that a try on the lattice fence covering the side of my barn! Thank you for the tip!

Just wondered if it were possible to post some photos (night and/or day). I'd love to see them!

I like this idea. I'm going to try it on my chain link fence.

This sounds so attractive. Please do post a night time picture if you can.

Did you use a stand of reg lights or solar? I have seen the colored and clear solar lights at Christmas and thought about a strand of those. I did not know how they would hold up all year in the weather and sun.

Attach solar garden lights to your fence.
Adding Lighting to a Fence
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationJune 4, 2008
Potato Salad Dressing
Potato Salad Dressing Recipes
Uses for Lattice
Uses for Lattice
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix