Repairing Broken Door Frame

I broke the door frame in my house to my front door, where the lock is. How do I replace that part or do I have to replace the whole frame?

Chochies from San Marcos, CA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It would be best to replace the whole section of framing, but, it is possible to replace just the section that's damaged.

When you say, "... where the lock is." Do you mean where the door knob's (or dead bolt's) strike plate is?

Can you post pictures of the damage or describe it in more detail? Not all door jams are created equal to one another, nor is all damage. It may be possible to simply repair it with wood putty and/or wood glue.

Opened Wood Door
Repairing A Door
Home and Garden Repair Home DoorsSeptember 9, 2008
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Man Repairing a Broken Couch Frame
Repairing a Broken Couch Frame
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:56:23 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.