Repairing a Corroded Aluminum Shower Frame

Category Bathroom
Damage to the finish on your aluminum shower door frame can lead to corrosion. This is a page about repairing a corroded aluminum shower frame.

My dog urinated on the aluminum shower frame. It's corroded and flaking. What can I do?

Answers

Best Answer

You can clean it with a plastic abrasive pad and then apply a waterproof clear varnish to keep it from corroding further.

Any kind of urine is quite corrosive. I don't think there is anything that you can do, although perhaps you might try painting over the spot after you have removed the corroded and flaking bits. I have no experience with painting aluminum; this is just off the top of my head.

Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomApril 6, 2016
🎃