What's Biting Me?

I have bugs that keep on biting me. I've had this problem for a year and I can't get rid of them! You can't see them unless you look closely. They're white and oval shaped with no visible legs. They are kind of hard, but can be squished.

They bite like bed bugs, but they bite during the day, too. They bite on my feet, arms, back, private area, scalp, and most annoyingly my face. I can feel them bite, too. The bites end up looking like zits.

I shower twice a day and they still keep coming back. I'm afraid I'm spreading them everywhere (furniture, people, my house, clothes).

Someone please help! What is biting me?

By AnoanymousD

They sound like mites, or lice, of some sort. Can you post a picture?

If you can't see them but can kill them, get one and enclose it inside a folded piece of scotch tape. Don't squash it, just seal it and it will of course die. Then, try and get it to a place where you can see it upclose. If it has any resemblance to a lice, it could be the dreaded "body lice" or crabs.

Then, you simply google what it is and how to get rid of it. Good luck, and yes, stay away from others till you find out what it is.

The problem isn't just what's biting you but that you and your house is full. My kids brought lice home from school and it is no easy process to rid the home and clothes of them and you at the same time. If you have pets they will have to be treated too. I don't know what part of the country you are from but if you get Tat sprayers (foggers) open all the closets cabinets and so forth drawers and put pets outside and you too. For the pet, get Advantagell as it kills mites too. It is a once a month flea, lice, mite treatment for dogs and cats. After a couple of hours go back inside, open up the house and take a shower and wash your clothes in vinegar and soap water and dry in very warm dryer.

The pillows and such will have to be dried in a hot dryer or washed and after the first time I usually sprayed with raid or any good flying insect spray like Tat. (Tat is cheapest) I hope this is not what you have but it isn't just you that gets it rich and poor alike end up some time in their life with something they don't like and didn't want.

My children picked lice up from an Indian headress that they all tried on at a museum field trip. After I treated the kids' hair and the pets, I vacuumed all the rooms, all upholstered items and the beds including the frames. My doctor said not to use flea spray, it was a waste of money. He told me to tie the bed pillows and throw cushions into large, heavy trash bags (double bag) as well as stuffed animals and put them in the garage for 48 hours to kill any lice and the nits. You can throw them in the dryer afterwards to pull out the dead bugs. And I used bug bombs that were for fleas after I vacuumed and then did the bombing again in ten days.

You could also call the places that exterminate bed bugs and see it their treatment kills other insects as they superheat the rooms. That would be a bit easier on you if it will work.

Good luck!

Identifying Tiny Biting Insect
Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJuly 15, 2011
dog biting
Training a Dog Not to Bite
kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
Identifying Little Biting Bugs