Share Crafts

Bedding Color Advice for Bedroom With Grey Walls and Brown Carpet

I'm also painting my mother's room this fall, the walls are going to be a light grey, and her carpet is a light and dark brown. What color bedding should I go with? I am looking for something not too expensive.

By Sarah from Indianapolis, IN

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Joan 13 1,482 08/18/2010

Brown/beige/gray are all neutrals. I have seen bedding in combinations of those colors. You could go with a striped comforter in brown/beige stripes and use gray sheets. Then to add a feminine touch you could add a couple throw pillows in a coral color that would go with both the grays and the tans.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Pat 3 3 08/21/2010

The walls are a cool color and the carpet is a warm color, so you can choose either to complement them. If it were me, I would go with pale golds mixed with some rust colors for the warm. The cool colors I would choose would be blues and greens. Depending on the intensity of the gray on the walls to choose lighter or darker colors.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By eve 18 136 08/21/2010

I think something in the peach or coral famly would be lovely.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Carolyn C. Cooke 19 222 08/21/2010

Coral is good if with very little "orangey" tint. My personal favorite, and one I could live with a long time, would be dusty rose (medium value). Blues and greens would be too depressing in time, for me, anyway.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No