Browsing: Coordinating Bedding with Walls

Bedding Color Advice for Bedroom With Grey Walls and Brown Carpet

I'm also painting my mother's room this fall, the walls are going to be a light grey, and her carpet is a light and dark brown. What color bedding should I go with? I am looking for something not too expensive.

By Sarah from Indianapolis, IN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Brown/beige/gray are all neutrals. I have seen bedding in combinations of those colors. You could go with a striped comforter in brown/beige stripes and use gray sheets. Then to add a feminine touch you could add a couple throw pillows in a coral color that would go with both the grays and the tans.

The walls are a cool color and the carpet is a warm color, so you can choose either to complement them. If it were me, I would go with pale golds mixed with some rust colors for the warm. The cool colors I would choose would be blues and greens. Depending on the intensity of the gray on the walls to choose lighter or darker colors.

I think something in the peach or coral famly would be lovely.

Coral is good if with very little "orangey" tint. My personal favorite, and one I could live with a long time, would be dusty rose (medium value). Blues and greens would be too depressing in time, for me, anyway.

Bedding Coordinated with Walls
Coordinating Bedding with Walls
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BeddingAugust 18, 2010
Bedding in a laundry basket.
Uses for Old Bedding
Attractive living room with brown carpet.
Painting Walls to Coordinate With Brown Carpet
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 8:44:31 AM on 10.0.1.157 in 710 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.