Coordinating Bedding with Walls

Category Bedroom
Depending on the color paint on your bedroom walls, you can choice sheets, pillows and blankets that make your room look best. This guide is about coordinating bedding with walls.

I am supposed to be moving and I'm getting my own room. When we move, I get to decorate it any way I want. This is the problem, I wanted to paint my walls lime green and hot pink but I can't find a bedspread, sheets, etc to match it. If you know any websites or stores that would help me please let me know. I really had my heart set on those two colors but I can't find any bedding to match, should I just give up or keep looking?

Answers

Why don't you get a white bedspread and sheets, etc.? You can use them in any color of room (in 5 years you may want to change to a different color for your walls). White goes with anything. THEN, buy some throw pillows in the same colors as your walls in the line green and hot pink. Or go to a thrift store or a garage sale and buy some pillows and then go to a fabric store to find the right color of material you like and recover the pillows. You should be able to get those colors in all kinds of fabrics from satin to cordoroy. Decorate the pillows with ribbon, buttons, etc. Go on the internet and look for easy and "neat" pillow ideas. Maybe you could find some stuffed animals in those colors or a throw blanket for the edge of the bed? Have fun!!

Go to WalMart!! Check the No Boundaries Sheet Collection in the Domestics Department. Lots of hot pink and lime green stuff and accessories and bathroom stuff as well to match!!! Cheap too!!!

I don't know if you have a print on your bedspread. If you do, you can pick one of the colours and dye your sheets to match. You will be surprised at how much you can do with dye. Sandy Good luck

Try a fabric store. You can find almost any color and for almost any budget. If you don't sew, look at the polar fleece, the edges don't frey, so you can just cut it the way you want.

Thanks for the ideas! If you have more I would like to hear them.

What about buying a good quality comforter in white and stamping it with designs you like in your colors? You could do the same thing with curtains to make it all matching!

Renee

A while back J.C. Penney had sheets, shams, bedskirt, curtians, bedspread, etc. in the colors you are looking for, they were in a catalog I saw, very pretty. They also had orange, blue, yellow, and your colors. Call the catalog dept. and see if they still have them.

Brittany,

First, I want to say you've received excellent ideas so far. The following links may help you find exactly what you're looking for; however, I have to warn you I didn't look at any of the prices. I just looked at the colors.
Search under these titles:

Mix & Match Print Bedding Coordinates in Bright Plaid
http://www.jcpenney.com/

Home Expressions Print Bedspreads

Block Weave Bedding Coordinates

Bocci Bedding Coordinates

Urban Attitude Bedroom

Daisy Accent Pillow - too cute!

Good luck and have fun decorating your dream bedroom,

Kathy

Editor's Note: We had to take the links out because they are so long they are throwing off the site.

BUY WHITE AND DYE THEM THE COLOR YOU WANT. It will probably be cheaper to order the dye than to order the comforter, sheets, etc. Some fabric stores carry dye's in all kinds of colors, but if you can't find one in your area, try looking up fabric dye online.

Check the JC Penney's catalog. I've seen both colors in it for sheets and bedspreads.

Another good place to find your hot pink and lime colors is at Domestications.com in the Kids' bedding section. They have cute stuff and are pretty reasonably priced--less expensive than Penney's.

I've seen things those colors at Target.

Hey guys, I was wondering would a black beadspread with lime green and hot pink sheets and pillows look good? I mean if the walls are hot pink and lime green? Another thing, how should I paint the walls? Should I do each wall a different color? I thought about painting each wall a different color then putting some kind of design in the other color so that way each wall would have both colors. What do you guys think?

Hey everyone!
Here's the thing, I have pink carpet in the room upstairs I want to move into. Except I hate the color pink but my dad wont let me change the carpet so what do i do? I decided to work with the pink & maybe put navy blue with it. But I can't find any blue and pink bedspreads or comforters. Please Help! I want to make this an awesome room!
Jenna

I have the same problem but I painted my room turquoise and I want accents of hot pink and lime green. if you can find a turquoise bedspread, that color would look great with those two colors!

My daughter like the same bright colors but heres were bright yellow and pink. I painted her room in a cream base then de geometric shapes of the colors she wanted. I did the same with her bedding and curtains. I went to the craft store found some stamps in the same shapes I did on the walls and stenciled her bedding and curtains. For decorations I found some min lamps in the same colors(palm trees,lip designs) and used those for lighting then found moon chairs in the bright pink. That worked great. She loves it. Now the youngest wants a room like it but purple and yellow. So let the fun begin.

I have a black satin bed spread and almost magenta sheets to go with it. I need a color to paint my walls and then a color to paint the trim around my windows! Please Help!

Justine

Answers

All my friends call me for decorating advice..hehe
I think it would be pretty if you painted it gold, not a metalic gold, but a burnt butter yellowish gold. ( the trim a shade lighter or darker) and adapt the oriental theme. Those big oriental fans are inexpensive, and often have the 3 colors mentioned here, black, magenta and gold. Add a throw pillow or two with those three colors to incorporate the gold color onto your bed.

Have you considered a 'warm' grey for the walls? Or possibly a creamy colour (not white, but some form of antique white). If you went this way then black for the moldings might look good.

I might be inclined to paint with a warm grey colour....it might produce a somewhat modern, or masculine look, but if that wasn't your intent you could 'accessorize' that look away. If you went with the grey, or even a creamy colour (not white, more antiqued) then black molding might look spectacular. Kind of daring I'd say....but it's just paint afterall; it can always be reversed!!!

I think a warm grey will be friendly with the black bedspread, but I find that I would like to see a nice offsetting tan on the walls. Some pictures with black frames and crisp white matte inside them would look sharp. I'd paint the trim white with some black and white or just white curtains to bring it all together. (Painting trim black scares me.) I'm thinking sharp, crisp and linear feel. Hope this idea helps!

Has anyone got any ideas what colour I should paint my bedroom, that will go with pale pink bedding and curtains? I was looking at a very pale pink from Dulux (Blossom white), but am not sure if this will be too much pink. Any ideas? This is the bedding:

By Maiseyg from UK

I am decorating my 2 year olds room and I just purchased new bedding that is pink and brown. I do not want to paint her room pink because my older daughters' room is pink. Does anyone have any suggestions on what other colors would go with this. Do you think a light purple would be ok? I don't know what to do. I have attached a picture of the bedding.

By Javoletta from NY

What color bedspread would go well with maroon colored walls and black furniture?

By Lauren from NY

I bought a medium sage color to paint a bedroom. What colors will be good to go with this sage color on my walls (for the bed and window treatments)? The carpet is a medium grey.

By Barbara

I'm also painting my mother's room this fall, the walls are going to be a light grey, and her carpet is a light and dark brown. What color bedding should I go with? I am looking for something not too expensive.

By Sarah from Indianapolis, IN

We just moved into a new home. Our bedroom walls are beige. The furniture is a dark espresso colour, and the rug is off white. What colour of bedding should I use?

By Shannon M.

So, I am going to paint my bedroom a maroon color. I am so lost on what color of a bed comforter to buy. I thought about getting a maroon one, but I feel like that would be too much maroon. My curtains, dresser, mirror, and bed frame are all white! I was thinking of a maroon and white as well. But I kind of also like the idea of gold and white. I don't know. I am just confused. I am also confused on what type of pattern and style to get on the comforter as well. I need opinions!

What color walls can go with my brown and gold comforter?

By Patsy from Thomasville, NC