Zucchini Tomato and Parmesan Bake

contest winner icon

I was looking through an old recipe binder of mine and came across this recipe that I haven't made in a couple of decades and my mouth started watering when remembering how tasty and easy it is! It's time to share ;-)

• 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
  • 2 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
  • 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese (or more to taste), finely shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Alternately arrange zucchini and tomato in a lightly oiled 8x8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the onion, salt and pepper over the slices and drizzle the oil evenly over all.

Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and Parmesan is golden brown.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I make something similar, but I've discovered that I don't need to use any oils because I stir a few times during my baking cycle. The liquids in the veggies naturally moisten everything. But I'm all about low calorie cooking!

That's a really good calorie saving idea, Beth.But I like the flavor that the EVOO gives the veggies and I like the presentation of the veggies remaining layered instead of stirred together like a stew. Perhaps you could try half the amount I recommend once. 1/8 cup (2 tbsp) would be 60 calories per serving if the dish is for four and 40 calories per serving if the dish is for six from the EVOO. ;-)

Yum, makes my nouth water too! I used to make something with the same ingredients, only I did it stir-fry style on my stovetop. Haven't made it in awhile, thanks for reminding me. Oh yeah, this also tastes wonderful as a topping for baked potatoes!

Zucchini Parmesan
Zucchini Parmesan Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesOctober 13, 2010
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chopped Zucchini
Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes