Adding Color to a Wall of Windows

I have a wall of windows that I want to add some color to. I don't want sheers and want to keep the light, but want it not to be so bare. Help!

By DLynne from Austin, TX

Have you thought about adding a bright flora print valance? I did this in my sunroom because I too did not want curtains and I wanted the open space of the window.

Yes, add a colorful valance but put it several inches above the window so you will still have your view. It also makes your windows look bigger. I've even put them 7 or 8 inches higher than the window that way the valance does not hang too far down and block your view.

Paint that wall a different color to make it an accent wall, maybe a shade or two darker than the other walls.

I did both of these suggestions. I painted the window wall with an accent color and made a valance to tie in both wall colors.

I like all of these ideas! Thank you and I'll post an updated picture when I get it figured out.

You can purchase roller shade kits that allow you to put a fabric onto the shade and laminate. This could be used as some color or rolled out of the way when needed. Also pleated shades will allow light in but you can get a variety of colors and textures in each and they can be lowered or raised whatever the need. Also a large piece of fabric can be clipped on either end to a curtain rod for a simple valance. Good luck.

Paint the window moldings in a lighter contrasting color.

I suggest that you drape fabric over decorative hooks placed at corners and between each window section. You could let some of the fabric drape between the windows and at least one of the outside edges. Very easy to do and very little to no sewing required.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Living RoomAugust 21, 2010
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
🎄
🍂