Blueberry Juice Recipe

My doctor wants me to stay on a low sugar daily diet because of high cholesterol. I searched the health food section of my local grocery store and was going to purchase a bottle of pure blueberry juice, no sugar added. What really stopped me was the price for such a small bottle. I happen to own a high speed blender. Does anyone have a pure blueberry juice recipe using filtered water? Thank you for any suggestions.

MCW from Lewiston, NY

blueberry-grape juice

handful of grapes and 1 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen.process in a juicer.

Try what I do to keep my kids in healthy juice. Spend a little bit more for the 100% juice and then dilute it at home with water to taste. I usually use a 1:1 ratio, 1 part juice to 1 part water. I get a healthier alternative to sugar filled juice drinks and my juice dollar goes a bit farther. Plus my kids are getting a much needed serving of water along wth the juice flavor.

I went to the health food store to buy cranberry juice. I didn't want cran cocktail. The price really was high, until I tasted the juice straight from the bottle. That stuff needed to be diluted and sugared. I wanted it medicinally, so I took it by the tablespoon, but the pure blueberry juice may be the same. You may get much more blueberry juice to drink than the bottle-size. Of course, fresh blueberry juice must be great, I've not had the chance to try it. I love blueberry season.

Hi have you thought of using splenda I do admit it is pricey sometimes but it is worth it. I have type 2 diabettes no insuln just 1 pill twice a day. Anyway I use the splenda in alot of stuff and also I get my daughter the healthy juice that is recommended by the JDF also no regular sodas diet is ok also you can get like diet peach icy tea wal-mart has a cheap brand that you can purchased to make like 4 to 5 quarts or what ever. Water is good too. Watch out on the fruit to. Too much of a good thing can have too much sugar. Even though it is natural sugar. If still not sure look on websites for low sugar diets or meals and just be sensable about what you eat too.

I just put frozen blueberries into my blender with a banana and some cold green tea to make a smoothie. Add whatever else you have. I pick my own blueberries in the summer and freeze them--much cheaper than buying them throughout the year. Unfortunately, blueberries are expensive no matter how you get them. Some health food stores carry an unsweetened concentrate that you can add as much water as you like. Don't feel you have to juice the fresh fruit--add them to cereals, desserts, sweet breads, cakes, muffins, etc. I even buy dried blueberries and add them to my homemade trail and granola mixes.

Most stores blend the blueberries with apple, pear, and grape juices. Look for RW Knudsen brand juices if you need to find pure juice in a grocery store (either juice aisle or health food/organic aisle). Also, Trader Joe's carries pure blueberry and other high anti-oxidant juices in quart or larger sizes (http://traderjoes.com). If you don't have your own blueberries to work with, Sam's Club has good prices on frozen Dole brand blueberries. Maybe a Walmart Supercenter would also have them.