Broken Board Inside a Sofa

The wooden board inside of my sofa that holds the springs in place and gives support is broken and now the sofa sags all the way when you sit down. Can this be repaired and how.

My parents had the same problem with an otherwise good sofa and put a long board under the cushions to hold everything up.

The same thing happened to us. Only our couch was still under warranty. So a repair man came and fixed it. He turned the couch over and unstapled the bottom cover. From there you can clearly see what the problem is. All he did was replace the broken board then stapled the springs back into place. He even caught a few other springs getting loose and fastened them more securely. Really did not look that hard. Now if you open it up and see that its a bigger problem then you suspected, you can always staple the bottom back on and use a board like the other person suggested. Eventually the long board is going to wear thru the lining under the cushions though. But it is a quick fix. Good luck. Hope its an easy one for you.

We had the same problem with our furniture. Lazyboy has a lifetime warranty on their furniture. So, I know it can be fixed. I would look online at either or ehow as to how to do it myself or contact a upholstery shop and ask for the information. Save yourself some money. Good Luck!

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasJune 26, 2008
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board