Refill Snack Fruit Cups

I am a mom of four and a very frugal. If I buy applesauce cups for the kids, I don't throw them away. I wash them and make my own fruit cups to pack in their lunch. I cover the tops with Press 'n Seal. I buy the big cans of fruit (peaches, pineapple, fruit cocktail) from Sam's or Costco and can make many fruit cups much cheaper than paying over $2 for 4 cups.

By Oddeven Mom from Greensboro, NC

Does Press N Seal REALLY keep it from leaking in the lunch box?

Press 'n seal is great! It does keep the juice from leaking. I try to drain as much juice as possible before I put the fruit in the cup. Make sure you cover the cup completely with the press 'n seal.

I too save them, but only for things I can freeze. I go to the DT and find these wonderful cups for 6/1.00

They come in blue and purple and perhaps more. Their lids seal great and could be filled for the whole week ahead of time.

I like press and seal, but lets' face it, accidents happen and nothing is like a good lid that fits.

Wow that's a good idea, I like it.

I love it! I buy yogurt in the quart containers and do the same type of thing. I'm hitting dollar tree tomorrow to check out the containers PBP mentioned.

I also make individual jello for my kids with these type cups. They love it!

I recently reused my plastic cups that applesauce originally came in as treat cups at my church group, I was co-hostessing. It saved us a few bucks for not having to purchase others. This was exactly what I was saving them for, hoping to have enough by 'party time'. Only one person came up to me to ask if I wanted everyone 'to save their applesauce cups'. I said, "oh, you knew what they were?" She said, "honey, you're not the only one here that recycles. I do it all the time!"

Homemade Fruit Cup
Make Your Own Fruit Cups
Food and Recipes Food Tips School and Work LunchNovember 20, 2008
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Plastic water jug.
Sterilizing Water Containers
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers