Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Dry Eraser Marker From Carpet

How do you get dry erase marker out of carpet?

By Jena

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By dede smith [17]05/18/2010

They make a solution to move stubborn dried marker from the wipe boards.... it smells like straight rubbing alcohol.
Try that.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Dry Erase Marker Stain from Carpet

Anyone know a way to remove dry erase marker stain from carpet? Thanks. Fennyuan from NC

RE: Dry Marker Stain from Carpet

Use hair spray until wet and dab lightly with dry cloth or paper towel, continue until gone, depending on how big the mark is it could use almost a whole tin of hair spray (12/05/2004)

By Ladora

RE: Dry Marker Stain from Carpet

Father of 8 (2 years apart), cold water, all brand laundry detergent (liquid, free clear), a gentle scrubber (fingers), 1/2 doz. bath towels.

for a 1.5 x 1.5 foot area red dry erase marker on white berber (colored liberally)

• wet area
  • 1/4 cup soap to 1 gal. water; dump on whole area
  • scrub 5 min.
  • 2 towel soak up
  • rinse 1 gal.
  • (repeat 2X) (01/06/2005)

By

RE: Dry Erase Marker Stain from Carpet

My husband used a wet wipe and it worked! (08/28/2007)

By

RE: Dry Erase Marker Stain from Carpet

The wet wipe WORKED fantastic! Took about 6 but it took out the face that my kid drew into the carpet. (12/08/2007)

By

RE: Dry Erase Marker Stain from Carpet

My spot was from a pile of alcohol wipes that my daughter deposited directly onto the carpet after wiping the dry erase board during an hour of coloring. It left a large, dark stain. I tried wet wipes, rubbing alcohol, and Spot Shot with no affect. Full strength Murphy's Oil Soap got most of it out. I sprayed water after scrubbing and used a Bissel Spot Lifter machine to get it dry, but paper towels would work too. (12/10/2007)

By Dawn

RE: Dry Erase Marker Stain from Carpet

You guys should not be trying to get it out. Dry erase on the carpet can be works of art. We spilled cranberry on the carpet and it left a big red stain. So instead of crying we took dry erase and drew a human outline to make it look like a crime scene. Now our carpet is the talk of the town and everyone loves it! (12/29/2007)

By Bobicus880

RE: Dry Erase Marker Stain from Carpet

Baby wipes work great! (10/27/2008)

By

RE: Dry Erase Marker Stain from Carpet

Folex is a stain remover that works miracles on carpet and cloth furniture. I have even used it on bedspreads and curtains. It gets out dry erase marker and probably cranberry juice too. (02/01/2009)

By mudshark mom

RE: Dry Erase Marker Stain from Carpet

I just used a Lysol disinfecting wipe and it worked great! (02/16/2009)

By Gm

Archive: Removing Dry Eraser Marker From Carpet

My son left a very large dry erase marker drawing on his carpet. I tried a name brand carpet cleaner and that just made it worse. I looked on the ThriftyFun website and a gentleman had suggested using Free and Clear All detergent mixed with water. It worked like magic. Thank you.

By Alison from Germantown, WI