Restoring Faded Fabric on Pram

I have a blue (very faded) Emmaljunga pram. Could I use fabric dye to restore it back to the blue colour? It is made from a cotton material and can't be removed from the frame.

By Stella-May

My late Aunt used to use something on her sofa occasionally to brighten the color. I don't know if she sprayed it on or just used regular Rit dye and very lightly sponged it on being careful not to get the fabric too wet, because it had to be dry by the time her husband came home from work. It's kind of funny because I always preferred the color when it was what she called faded or dingey. It was kind of a sage color then. However after she dyed it, it still wasn't a bright or dark green, just not as nice a color in my opinion.

Google "spray on fabric dye" and you will get some ideas.

Check out Dharma Trading Company's website. They have all sorts of fabric dyes and could probably tell you what's best to spray. I don't work for them but have had really good customer service when I needed it.

Try spray fabric paint.

March 14, 2010 Flag

I would like to restore the faded fabric on my jogger pram. It's black. Should I use fabric dye or something else?

By mamy from AU

Restoring Faded Fabric on Pram

Not knowing what the pram looks like it's difficult to give advice, but personally I wouldn't use a fabric dye for a couple of reasons. One is, will the dye be harmful to the baby? And the other is, will the dye rub off on the baby's skin or clothing?

If at all possible, I would suggest recovering with new fabric or there must be fabric cover-ups like they have for car safety seats, chairs, sofas, etc., but made for prams. (08/18/2009)

By Deeli

Retro Stroller
Restoring Fabric on a Stroller or Pram
Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 14, 2010
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Fiberglass Bathtub
Restoring a Fiberglass Bathtub
painting furniture
Making Old Furniture Look New