Restoring Fabric on a Stroller or Pram

Category Other
Rather than buying a new stroller or pram, perhaps you can rejuvenate the fabric on your old one. This is a guide about restoring fabric on a stroller or pram.

I bought a sturdy stroller at a yard sale for only $2.00! I brought it home to hear my husband say it is the ugliest stroller ever! So I soon made plans to re-cover it. It was a lot easier than I thought. It was basically seam ripping, tracing onto the new fabric, and re-assembling. The only drawback was the color range was limited by the teal plastic accessories. I hope it inspires you!

By Starchild from Lamoille County, VT

I have a blue (very faded) Emmaljunga pram. Could I use fabric dye to restore it back to the blue colour? It is made from a cotton material and can't be removed from the frame.

By Stella-May

Answers

My late Aunt used to use something on her sofa occasionally to brighten the color. I don't know if she sprayed it on or just used regular Rit dye and very lightly sponged it on being careful not to get the fabric too wet, because it had to be dry by the time her husband came home from work. It's kind of funny because I always preferred the color when it was what she called faded or dingey. It was kind of a sage color then. However after she dyed it, it still wasn't a bright or dark green, just not as nice a color in my opinion.

Google "spray on fabric dye" and you will get some ideas.

Check out Dharma Trading Company's website. They have all sorts of fabric dyes and could probably tell you what's best to spray. I don't work for them but have had really good customer service when I needed it.

Try spray fabric paint.