AdviceDogs

Identifying My Dog's Breed

I need to find an "acceptable" mixed-breed to label my dog in order to register her. She has some Pit Bull characteristics, and we live in Ontario, so this is an issue. We rescued her from a bad home and I don't want to lose her because she looks like a Pit and I don't want to hide her! Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed?

By Serenity

You can't register a mixed breed dog. She may not have Pit in her - a DNA test would resolve this issue. A similar looking breed is the Staffordshire Terrier.

Don't you have any image/pics of your dog? We can help you more if we can see it clearly. But I think I must agree with saddlebag. Clubs don't approve registration for mixed breeds.

Sorry, but it's a sad truth. If you want someone to take care of her, We'll be willing to help. My friend wants and loves dogs. She needs a buddy for her Japanese Chin I remember.

These laws are so unfair. Find out what are 'unacceptable breeds.'

Work around them. Try perhaps American Bulldog; Boxer...posting a pic of your dog would help us to make suggestions you request.

Praying for you and your precious furbaby.

Your request is impossible without photo clip of the dog. Re-post with current photo will help those who are trying to help you.

I have a mixed boxer that is often taken for pit bull mix. Your dog large? Mastiff mix?