Identifying the Breed of Your Cat

Category Cats
Some many of us own mixed breed cats that we have rescued from shelters and off the street. Identifying your pet's breed can be tricky. This is a guide about identifying the breed of your cat.

I just recently bought this gorgeous little angel. Can someone please tell me what breed she is? She is all white and cream (almost with a pinkish hue) on all four pink paws and nose. Her forehead protrudes just a tiny bit and she has a tiny pink nose and permanent blue eyes.

I've never seen a kitten prettier than her in my entire life. I think that she has Persian genes. She may be mixed, but I think she is either mostly Persian or Ragdoll because Ragdolls have blue eyes, but Persians are also known for having blue eyes. She's definitely not a Siamese, Balinese, Siberian, Maine Coon, Turkish Angora, or Turkish Van. She's so rare and unique looking.

I would love to hear your thoughts on what breed she could be? She is extremely fluffy with velvety soft fur and very delicate. Very soft, affectionate and loving personality. She is also a lap kitten. Not all kittens and cats are, but she is. She loves to climb on to my lap and lay on my chest.

I am also open to any name suggestions! I have not named her yet. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Does anyone know my cat's breed?

Answers

Best Answer

Your cat would be called a domestic shorthair, black mackerel tabby with high white. This is more of a description than a breed designation. Without the cats papers, or dna tests you wont know the actual breed. She is described as a black tabby because her stripes are black, not brown.

She is described as a mackerel tabby because her stripes look like the ribs on a fish skeleton. The term high white refers to the white on her legs reaching all the way to her body. This same term, high white, is also used to describe horses.

I've been trying to figure out this cat's breed for a while. Her name is Olive, and she doesn't resemble a specific breed. She looks like she could be a brown tabby cat or a European wildcat. I don't know! D: Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

Your gorgeous cat has the distinctive "M" marking associated with a tabby cat. There are different colors and patterns of tabby cats. You might can find the one that most closely resembles Olive at

www.thesprucepets.com/all-about-tabby-cats-552489.

I adopted this kitten back in October from the SSPCA after he had been abandoned. He has been put down as a Domestic Short Hair, but I think he has the look of a Siamese and wonder if he could be a mix? What do you think?

Answers

There is no way to know for sure without a DNA test. Unless you want to breed the cat, I would just love him for who he is and save the money.

I'm not going to breed him and I couldn't love him more, I just wondered if he was a mix Siamese as his ears and right side of his face seem to be balding, making him look more like one than before but it could just be that because he is pure white on his ears and face, his skin is showing through more.

I honestly don't see siamese. I think you have a domestic shorthair. Pretty cat.

Our cat's name is Skylar and she was a stray kitten that we took in. She's now 7-8 years old. We live in south Texas.

I included various pictures, we would really like to know the closest breed she relates to. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have a kitten and I'm pretty sure she's part Siamese or fully I'm not sure though. She has the blue eyes and markings of one.

Answers

She looks like a seal point Siamese mixed with a fluffy something!

Thank you! I was trying to find what type of Siamese she could be.

Her mother abounded her and her siblings so I never saw her or the dad.

She appears to have long hair, so she may be Himalayan. I cant see her paws, but if they are white she may be a Birman.

She has black/grey paws.

Wow saw the breed and I can see similarities :o she could be that!

Anonymous

Balinese

What type of kitten do I have here? His mom is all gray and his dad is white and black long hair. Is he Siamese somehow?

Anyone have an idea what breed my kitten is? I think he might be mixed with something, but I'm not sure what. He kind of has a mane, but also has shorter hair in places.

What type of cat is my baby, Nina?

Answers

Nina is a lovely Siamese with red (flame) points.

I thought she was I just didnt know if she was a mix or not?

Why does her eyes stay so yucky? I clean them every day! I even got her meds for them and they still are yucky! Is that just her type breed that makes them do that??

What Siamese mix is my cat?

Answers

I'm not sure, but I think your cat is what they call a "Lilac point Siamese". Perhaps googling cat breeds would help.

I meant to add that your cat is very pretty, and looks very sweet. Good luck with your cat!

Maybe go to the vet and ask them??

I have 3 cats we've rescued from here, there, and everywhere. I can't seem to figure out any breeds for them. Where can I find this information?

By *Lib* from Houston, TX

Answers

Anonymous

You can click on each cat breed for a larger photo view and find out details about the breed to be sure you've chosen the correct breed to identify your cats:

http://en.wikip  st_of_cat_breeds

Keep in mind that the majority of the time cats will be a mixture of breeds unless they are pedigreed.

Ok, thanks! I'm more than 150% sure they are not pedigreed. I rescued each one from the parking lot at my apartments in the rain, cold or after some of the neighborhood kids terrorized them. I'm sure they are mutts! Thanks for your help!

For 2 years now, I have been trying to figure out what breed my cat is. I know it is a Siamese mix, but I do not know with what. His mom or dad had black just like three of his siblings, except his sister, who looked just like him. So, what breed is my cat?

Answers

Your cat looks like he has genes from siamese (lilac point) and tabby (the stripes) Very pretty cat. Also it is possible for kittens in the same litter from the same mother to have different fathers. So sibs can be very different.