Identifying the Breed of Your Cat?

I just recently bought this gorgeous little angel. Can someone please tell me what breed she is? She is all white and cream (almost with a pinkish hue) on all four pink paws and nose. Her forehead protrudes just a tiny bit and she has a tiny pink nose and permanent blue eyes.

I've never seen a kitten prettier than her in my entire life. I think that she has Persian genes. She may be mixed, but I think she is either mostly Persian or Ragdoll because Ragdolls have blue eyes, but Persians are also known for having blue eyes. She's definitely not a Siamese, Balinese, Siberian, Maine Coon, Turkish Angora, or Turkish Van. She's so rare and unique looking.

I would love to hear your thoughts on what breed she could be? She is extremely fluffy with velvety soft fur and very delicate. Very soft, affectionate and loving personality. She is also a lap kitten. Not all kittens and cats are, but she is. She loves to climb on to my lap and lay on my chest.

I am also open to any name suggestions! I have not named her yet. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Answers

Persian was the first thing I thought of.

34 More Questions

Mama was a shop cat. What breed is she? I thought maybe Maine Coon, but she doesn't really have the face or ears, and she has a pretty thin tail. It is very fluffy coat though. Any thoughts?

Answers

Best Answer

This is a typical grey tabby cat. The cat is adorable and it is actually a long hair tabby cat.

Best Answer

She looks like a beautiful long haired Tabby and will probably be beautiful all of her life. She probably has some Persian background.
An interesting fact:

"Moreover, the term "tabby" doesn't describe a breed. It's just a word used to define a type of striped pattern markings on a kitty's fur coat."

You can read all about Tabby''s on this link:

www.catological.com/.../

Please be sure she sees her vet during the crucial first year so she will be protected from many diseases that roam this earth.

www.thesprucepets.com/your-kittens-first-year-552271

Answer this Question

Does anyone know my cat's breed?

Answers

Best Answer

Your cat would be called a domestic shorthair, black mackerel tabby with high white. This is more of a description than a breed designation. Without the cats papers, or dna tests you wont know the actual breed. She is described as a black tabby because her stripes are black, not brown. She is described as a mackerel tabby because her stripes look like the ribs on a fish skeleton. The term high white refers to the white on her legs reaching all the way to her body. This same term, high white, is also used to describe horses.

Answer this Question

I recently got these two adorable kittens and couldn't figure out their breeds! My guess is that they could maybe be a cross?
Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

ohhh super cute!!!!!!

They are definitely long haired cats. If they had ear tufts and grew to be large, they would be Maine Coons.

Most likely they are American Longhair, which is basically a breed created by hybrydizing American Shorthairs (your standard tabby) with Persian cats. As such, its' face will look like a regular cat but with long hair.

If (especially the white one) grow up to have a pointier face and longer wider set apart ears than usual, then it might have Angora in it.

I dont' believe there's much Persian cat to these, because their faces aren't pug-like, or sunken in the way pugs and bulldogs are

Most likely these cats are just a mix because people don't tend to pay attention to cat breeds as much as dog breeds (unless you got them from a breeder with papers, which you probably didn't, or else you wouldn't be asking.)

Best Answer

So cute!
Most likely just a mix of breeds that just happen to produce lovely babies. It is very difficult to tell a breed in so young a cat or dog but you can see the makings of distinctive long hair but sometimes this changes a little also.
I'm sure you will love them and cherish them as just a 'special' breed.

Answer this Question

I rescued Olly at three weeks old, since then his coat has thickened and gotten a lot longer. He has bright green eyes, a long body and long ears. Any ideas?

Answers

Best Answer

There are several breeds of cats that have green eyes. Your cat could be mixed with one of them. Therefore, the cat could be part Russian Blue, Turkish Angora, Havana Brown, or even Norwegian Forest Cat.

Answer this Question

I've been trying to figure out this cat's breed for a while. Her name is Olive, and she doesn't resemble a specific breed.

She looks like she could be a brown tabby cat or a European wildcat. I don't know! D: Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

Your gorgeous cat has the distinctive "M" marking associated with a tabby cat. There are different colors and patterns of tabby cats. You might can find the one that most closely resembles Olive at
www.thesprucepets.com/all-about-tabby-cats-552489.

Answer this Question

This is Lyla. She is an 8 month old calico cat with tabby stripes. I don't know what breed she is, but I think she is a semi-longhaired cat. I've uploaded pictures of both of her parents so hopefully someone can identify what breed she is.

Thank you.

The mom is calico, we don't know what the dad was. The other kittens from the litter don't look like this.

Does anyone know what breed they could be mixed with to cause them to have such colors/markings?

I adopted this kitten back in October from the SSPCA after he had been abandoned. He has been put down as a Domestic Short Hair, but I think he has the look of a Siamese and wonder if he could be a mix?

What do you think?

Answers

I honestly don't see siamese. I think you have a domestic shorthair. Pretty cat.

The common marks of the Siamese are the elongated face, longer ears, and of course the colouring. They often have blue eyes too. But the other super interesting thing about SIameses are their communicative style. They talk, yowl, yodel, really loudly - they are super awesome like that: www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUyt_GNrF1U
www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kLvWlD0uw

Your cat's face COULD be the longer face of the Siamese, as well as the longish ears, though this might all fall back into proportion when he gets older. But, especially if he's very loud and insistent communicator, it's possible.

Yeah, my cat had a pointy face and huge ears when she was little, but just grew into them. Now her face is rounded.
Siamese tend to be loud and talkative, that's true. They also have dexterous paws.
I think this cat's paws seem normal. And he'll probably grow into the ears.

I see my cats in him. They talk and really try to say things but not too much. they have a stiff back and really use those hind feet. They are powerful runners and not much into climbing. I think they have Main-coon blood in them but they are short haired. They bring use much joy with their funny ways.

My cat is white and black and I'm not good at cat breed stuff, just curious lmao. But she's funny and she has pink paws and one has a black birthmark on it and she looks like a cow.

I have a cat that I got last winter off the street. She used to be so tiny and thin, and obviously wasn't taken care of or owned. I took her in and always wondered what breed she was. We named her Ally.

Her fur is gray with bits of light brown in it. Someone said she kind of looks like a tortoiseshell cat. She kind of does, but not really. They have more spots and a black color whereas Ally is gray, but I'm not an expert. Does anyone else maybe know what she is? Or a best guess as to what she is?

Our cat's name is Skylar and she was a stray kitten that we took in. She's now 7-8 years old. We live in south Texas.

I included various pictures, we would really like to know the closest breed she relates to. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Load More
Pets CatsJuly 14, 2014
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-the-Breed-of-Your-Cat.html