Identifying the Breed of Your Cat

Category Cats
Some many of us own mixed breed cats that we have rescued from shelters and off the street. Identifying your pet's breed can be tricky. This is a page about identifying the breed of your cat.

I just recently bought this gorgeous little angel. Can someone please tell me what breed she is? She is all white and cream (almost with a pinkish hue) on all four pink paws and nose. Her forehead protrudes just a tiny bit and she has a tiny pink nose and permanent blue eyes.

I've never seen a kitten prettier than her in my entire life. I think that she has Persian genes. She may be mixed, but I think she is either mostly Persian or Ragdoll because Ragdolls have blue eyes, but Persians are also known for having blue eyes. She's definitely not a Siamese, Balinese, Siberian, Maine Coon, Turkish Angora, or Turkish Van. She's so rare and unique looking.

I would love to hear your thoughts on what breed she could be? She is extremely fluffy with velvety soft fur and very delicate. Very soft, affectionate and loving personality. She is also a lap kitten. Not all kittens and cats are, but she is. She loves to climb on to my lap and lay on my chest.

I am also open to any name suggestions! I have not named her yet. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Answers

Persian was the first thing I thought of.

Does anyone know my cat's breed?

Answers

Best Answer

Your cat would be called a domestic shorthair, black mackerel tabby with high white. This is more of a description than a breed designation. Without the cats papers, or dna tests you wont know the actual breed. She is described as a black tabby because her stripes are black, not brown.

She is described as a mackerel tabby because her stripes look like the ribs on a fish skeleton. The term high white refers to the white on her legs reaching all the way to her body. This same term, high white, is also used to describe horses.

I've been trying to figure out this cat's breed for a while. Her name is Olive, and she doesn't resemble a specific breed. She looks like she could be a brown tabby cat or a European wildcat. I don't know! D: Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

Your gorgeous cat has the distinctive "M" marking associated with a tabby cat. There are different colors and patterns of tabby cats. You might can find the one that most closely resembles Olive at

www.thesprucepets.com/all-about-tabby-cats-552489.

The mom is calico, we don't know what the dad was. The other kittens from the litter don't look like this. Does anyone know what breed they could be mixed with to cause them to have such colors/markings?

I adopted this kitten back in October from the SSPCA after he had been abandoned. He has been put down as a Domestic Short Hair, but I think he has the look of a Siamese and wonder if he could be a mix?

What do you think?

Answers

There is no way to know for sure without a DNA test. Unless you want to breed the cat, I would just love him for who he is and save the money.

I'm not going to breed him and I couldn't love him more, I just wondered if he was a mix Siamese as his ears and right side of his face seem to be balding, making him look more like one than before but it could just be that because he is pure white on his ears and face, his skin is showing through more.

I honestly don't see siamese. I think you have a domestic shorthair. Pretty cat.

I don't see any Siamese in him either. He is very handsome!

The common marks of the Siamese are the elongated face, longer ears, and of course the colouring. They often have blue eyes too. But the other super interesting thing about SIameses are their communicative style. They talk, yowl, yodel, really loudly - they are super awesome like that: https://www.you  ch?v=cUyt_GNrF1U

https://www.you  ch?v=E9kLvWlD0uw

Your cat's face COULD be the longer face of the Siamese, as well as the longish ears, though this might all fall back into proportion when he gets older. But, especially if he's very loud and insistent communicator, it's possible.

Yeah, my cat had a pointy face and huge ears when she was little, but just grew into them. Now her face is rounded.
Siamese tend to be loud and talkative, that's true. They also have dexterous paws.
I think this cat's paws seem normal. And he'll probably grow into the ears.

to me, hi ears look Siamese.. i have a kitty that is supposed to be 1/2 siamese .. she is somethingn else.. lol has quite a little attitude and i love her so .... siamese are m ore vocal also ....

Our cat's name is Skylar and she was a stray kitten that we took in. She's now 7-8 years old. We live in south Texas. I included various pictures, we would really like to know the closest breed she relates to. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I rescued Milkyway a month ago. She is eight months old. They said she was a Siamese mix, but I don't know! What do you think? She was a stray until now and she's not talkative like Siamese. She has blue eyes, tuffs on her ears, an M on her forehead, a marbled medium/short coat, white long legs, pink paws, and is getting friendlier. I really don't want to pay for a breed test, but I can't figure her out!

I have a kitten and I'm pretty sure she's part Siamese or fully I'm not sure though. She has the blue eyes and markings of one.

Answers

She looks like a seal point Siamese mixed with a fluffy something!

Thank you! I was trying to find what type of Siamese she could be. Her mother abounded her and her siblings so I never saw her or the dad.

She appears to have long hair, so she may be Himalayan. I cant see her paws, but if they are white she may be a Birman.

She has black/grey paws.

Wow saw the breed and I can see similarities :o she could be that!

Anonymous

Balinese

We recently adopted this kitten. He is 4 months old. He has pretty large paws for his age and we've noticed a lot of hair coming out of his ears. My wife thinks it's a Maine coon cat, but I don't think so. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

What breed is my cat? He has so much personality. He lives inside of course with my wife and I along with our 10 year old son. Anytime I sit down or lay down he's right on my chest or legs. He's not the same with my wife. She tries to love on him and it's almost like he will tolerate it, but as soon as she's done physically holding him he's done and wants down.

He hates anyone that comes to our house other than literally us 3. He will run like a lightning bolt and disappear under my bed. I rescued him when he was a kitten and I've had him about 6 years now. I just wish I knew more about him.

He's not a very vocal cat. He will meow on cue when I feed him or give him his daily treats, but other than that he doesn't say much. However, he loves sitting at the front glass door and watching the birds. That's really when he gets vocal. He tries to mimic the birds chirping I think. It's pretty funny to watch. He's very fast.

He has green eyes and a solid grey almost silver coat, that is long and thick. His paws are big and he has a huge fluffy tail. Sorry, trying to list some details hoping it may help.

Thank you so much for any input. Steve

We adopted this girl around a year ago and we haven't been able to figure out what breed she may be. She was a stray, but we assumed she may be partly Siamese because of her blue eyes and as she is very vocal. She seems to have a tabby pattern and a black ringed tail. Any thoughts anyone?

My cat is tabby colored and she had 4 kittens. They look like snow Bengal. How do I find out what breed are they?

Does anyone know what breed my pretty kitty Daisy is?

We found Greypaw abandoned in the highway. He is polydactyl, around 5 months old.

What type of kitten do I have here? His mom is all gray and his dad is white and black long hair. Is he Siamese somehow?

I would desperately want to know what cat breed this little girl is. She is still tiny and I can't tell if her eyes will change at the moment. If you think you know please let me know.

Load More
Pets CatsJuly 14, 2014
📓
🌻
🐛