What Breed Is My Cat?

I've been trying to figure out this cat's breed for a while. Her name is Olive, and she doesn't resemble a specific breed. She looks like she could be a brown tabby cat or a European wildcat. I don't know! D: Please help!

Best Answer

Your gorgeous cat has the distinctive "M" marking associated with a tabby cat. There are different colors and patterns of tabby cats. You might can find the one that most closely resembles Olive at
www.thesprucepets.com/all-about-tabby-cats-552489.

It looks like a striped tabby

Sweet face!! I just want to hug it!

So, I am always corrected by a friend who used to show cats that Tabby's aren't a breed, but a fur pattern.

She gave me this site www.wwwallaboutcats.com/tabby-cats that talks about this and then this site to figure out breeds cattime.com/.../1

That said, maybe you can match your Kitty's body type, tail and ears to the breed standards on the site.

If not, maybe your vet can help. Ours is amazing at decifering breeds!

Enjoy your fur baby!!

Your cat is a tabby. If she has black brown and rust in her coat she is a brown tabby. If she has just black and gray she is a black tabby. Many breeds accept the tabby pattern. And many mixed cats are tabbys. If you want to know her breed more specifically than a descriptions of her coat pattern you will need to see your Vet for a dna test. The tests are getting cheaper.

Pets CatsJune 23, 2018
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Breed-Is-My-Cat-7.html