What Breed Is My Cat?

I have a cat that I got last winter off the street. She used to be so tiny and thin, and obviously wasn't taken care of or owned. I took her in and always wondered what breed she was. We named her Ally.

Her fur is gray with bits of light brown in it. Someone said she kind of looks like a tortoiseshell cat. She kind of does, but not really. They have more spots and a black color whereas Ally is gray, but I'm not an expert. Does anyone else maybe know what she is? Or a best guess as to what she is?

Ally is so pretty!!! Bless your heart for getting her off the street!!

Have you had her vet weigh in? The vet can look at her teeth and bone structure and gauge it against breed standards.

Most cats these days are so mixed that we call them Heinz 57 which is in not to Pittsburgh made Heinz 57 sauce...which is a mix of goodness!

That said...if you go by the official Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) breeds I see a little Russian Blue, a little British Shorthair and a little American Shorthair in her. Maybe if the tail was visible it would give some other clues.

Enjoy your ball of fur!! So sweet!!

She looks like a tabby to me.

I believe your cat is a dilute calico. Check out some of the online photos of dilute calico cats and I think you'll see the similarity with your cat. She's a beautiful cat and she's lucky you found her and saved her.

Looks like a Tabby/mix to me!

My vote is for a tabby mixed with a calico.

Aww I will also say tabby calico because I had one that looks just like hers!!! Thanks for the memories-- I miss her.

Your beautiful kitty is a dilute calico. A dilute calico has the same colors as a calico (orange, black and white) but they are paler.

Technically she would be listed as a calico. She looks like a sweetheart.

Id say part calico and just regular grey cat

Pets Cats AdviceNovember 12, 2019
📓
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Breed-Is-My-Cat-15.html