Cut Scrubbing Pads In Half

Whenever I purchase a box of S.O.S Pads, I immediately take a pair of scissors and cut each pad in half. After years of having to throw away rusted and unused and smelly pads, I finally decided that this would be much more economical. Now a box of S.O.S pads last me indefinitely! In fact, I have noticed that the scissors get sharpened this way.

Source: A neighbor years ago.

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

I also cut some in quarters for those really small jobs. Makes them last even longer!

February 10, 2011 Flag

Today, I was using a scrubbing pad (SOS or any brand) and remembered hearing years ago how you can make the scrubbing pad go further by cutting it in half. If you use these very often, you know that they get nasty quickly. This came back to me while I was trying to clean a burnt pan that had macaroni and cheese in it.

By anndell from Washington, MO

August 5, 2010 Flag

To save money on Scotch Brite green scrubbing pads, cut them in half and wallah, you have twice as many to use for the price you pay. Buy them in bulk at Costco or Smart and Final, 30 for three dollars and change. Cut in half and there you have 60 of them for almost pennies! For dishwashing, this would be a 2 month supply for me!

By Birthaleen from Burbank, CA

Cut Scrubbing Pads In Half

I've learned to extend the use of mine a bit further. I give them to my husband to use in his work shop after I've gotten all the "goody" from them in the house. Before he gets them I've used them in the kitchen until they're unsightly.Then I take them to my bathroom cleaning baskets. Finally, he gets them when they're REALLY ugly! (01/12/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

Scouring Pad
Saving Money on Scouring Pads
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsFebruary 10, 2011
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting