Iron Mark on Clothing

How do you remove hot iron marks from polyester?

By Netty from Defiance, OH

This is a burn. Burnt Poly does not get undone.

Sorry but there is no way to remove a burn mark no matter what type of fabric. :-(

In the 40s they'd use old coffee grinds. Set on fabric for a while and then steam iron with a cover cloth

June 20, 2010 Flag

How can I remove a press mark on pants?

By Rosie

Answers:

Iron Mark on Clothing

What is the fabric? If any synthetics, just toss the garment. If cotton, you might try repeated washing. Odds are, it's shot. (02/22/2010)

By PIKKA

Iron Mark on Clothing

I removed scorch marks, if that's what you're talking about, with peroxide. Blot it onto the fabric and put a pressing cloth, like a flour sack towel or an old pillowcase or sheet. Then iron with the appropriate temperature. It's amazing. It may take a couple of tries. Let it set for a minute, then press. I rescued a linen tablecloth with old scorch marks and also a pair of my husband's grey summerweight wool slacks. I'd try that before ditching the pants. (02/27/2010)

By Thrifty Me

April 20, 2009 Flag

How do you remove hot iron mark on black polyester skirt?

Lisa from Camp Hill, PA

Answers:

Iron Mark on Clothing

Polyester is a synthetic, related to nylon, sort of in the plastic family, and because it melts, nothing

can revive it if it won't brush out using a gentle nail cleaning brush against the nap. If melted really badly try thinking of adding something over the bad spot that would make it useful regardless, such as: an all black velveteen/ribbon/sequin or other texture such as satin or lace? Applique to both skirt and a
"matching" black blouse onto which you've duplicated and added the same but smaller applique. Free formed designs or offset geometrics, should at least save the skirt, rather than tossing. You should be able to find "fabric glue" at a fabric shop to help set the applique.

Then use narrow AND wide ribbon over the seams of whatever pattern you have chosen? If the black skirt fabric is Polyester Chiffon, the glue should be sufficient. If the fabric is thicker than that, better glue it well and make sure the glue will dry clean and/or wash, which it usually does! The ribbon can usually also be glued down. Use a medium thin coating of glue, as per bottle instructions, and when completely dry, cover with waxed paper and weight the whole design down with the very iron that made the print!

A totally different idea is to find small animal print fabric or ribbon and trim with a contrasting ribbon, string, fabric, or natural beads adding the matching applique AND perhaps beads to the neckline and/or sleeve edges.

Don't fret too much because we have almost all done this at one time or another. Such is life and
learning. God bless you with your decision. (11/09/2006)

By Lynda

Iron Mark on Clothing

Dip a white cloth in a mixture of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water. Wring out. Lay over damaged spot and steam with warm iron. (02/29/2008)

November 8, 2006 Flag

I was wanting to know does anybody know how to get an iron print out of a polyester black skirt? I tried and I didn't know if there was a way. Thanks,

Kim from Alabama

Answers:

Iron Mark on Clothing

This worked for my daughter. She was ironing a transfer on to a white T-shirt and scorched the fabric. She put some lemon juice on it and laid it on the window sill in the sunlight. It gradually lightened then disappeared. I'm not sure how it would affect a colored fabric though. the T-shirt was white. (12/10/2004)

By jeangnome46

Iron Mark on Clothing

Try peroxide. Sponge it on using a cotton ball. Test first inside hem or on a seam. (12/11/2004)

By Bettie

Iron Mark on Clothing

Use a 50-50 solution of white vinegar and water. Soak a cloth in it, place over the iron mark and press. We used this tip in my custom clothing business. Also a great way to set creases in a garment. (08/14/2005)

Ironing Polyester
Removing Shiny Iron Marks on Polyester Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 20, 2010
A burn mark from a clothes iron.
Removing Iron Burn Marks on Clothing
Steam Iron
Removing Rust from Steam Iron
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
🎄