Scrapbooking When You Travel

Tips from the ThriftyFun community about collecting items for your travel scrapbook. Post your own ideas here.

Use Brochures In Scrapbooking

While on vacation, pick up free brochures advertising 'things to do' in that area - and then correlate them with your photos for that vacation page. They often include maps, big headlines, backdrops, etc. and other fun things that will save you money later!

By Carol

What To Save And Photograph While Traveling

I put the maps and brochures (be sure to pick up 2 of each, in case of information on each side) and arrange them in my scrapbook along with the trip we made. Because they are not acid free, I make sure that they are on a separate page or on the same page but well away from the pictures I took.

Brochures will sometimes give you a different angle of the building or area than you were able to get when there. The information I brought back from Cuba last year went into my vacation scrapbook in the first few pages as an introduction to where we had gone.

I also had a Cuban tea when in Cuba. Each time, I saved the little paper tags on the tea bags and when doing the scrapbook used them on the edge of the page to accent the page. Take pictures of your waiter, door room number, people in the resort that you interacted with frequently. When they are in your book later, it makes your pages more alive and personal instead of only beach and scenery pictures. And have fun scrapbooking!

By Valleyrimgirl

My mother didn't scrap book - but she picked up cardboard coasters and paper placemats (she laminated them for later use). Look for all sorts of paper advertising material - napkins, matchbook covers, cards, etc.

Great tips! Thanks. I will featuring a link to your article from my scrapbooking blog,, on Friday.

Got some good ideas from you - also tickets, photos of hotel exterior (& room no.), etc.

The best thing for scrapbooking is postcards. They always look much nicer than photographs anyway, and are cheap! I've even used fridge magnets (such as the Acropolis), a Belgian lace bookmark, A Japanese newspaper in pastels for a background, a map of Hong Kong as a background, a chocolate wrapper from the Zurich Lindt factory, and sand from Fiji in a packet. Keep your eyes open, and ideas are limitless.

February 22, 20090 found this helpful is a good website to scrapbook while you travel. It's a website where you can document itineraries, post photos, list highlights and more from a vacation. You could log on while you're on the trip and add the details each day. At the end of the trip, you can e-mail out your finished trip page to friends/family through the site. I find it very useful, easy and fun!

Disneyland and Legoland Brochures and Scrapbook Items
Vacation Scrapbooking Tips and Tricks
Crafts Paper ScrapbookingJuly 18, 2007
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Orange kitten photos scrapbooked on a page
Scrapbooking Craft Ideas
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips