Sealing Plaster for Outdoor Use

I want to know how to seal a plaster casting. We just bought 2 plaster pillars. I want to use them outside. How do I keep them in good shape in the wind and rain. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and Blessings to you.

If unpainted, with no plans to paint them in the future, I'd use Thompson Water Seal two coats missing no area, drying well between coats, including spraying the bottom and inside, if possible. Plaster will easily deteriorate in the outdoors, just crumbling away. But

paint helps slow the process down, and Water Seal does even better BUT you must do it annually.

It's not easy to paint over anything Water Sealed, I hear, so I'd think it through before doing anything.

AND, take the spraying way out away from anything

and spray on a still day, on LOTS of newspaper, because it is Silicone based, and will likely kill whatever it lands on or drifts to. It will also make a water-resistant area on any cememt you spray it on. So, use common sense and don't do anything hastily. Decide what you want from it. White is a lovely color for the patio. Colors eventurally peel/chip/fade.

Good luck, and God bless you. : )

Thanks for the help! I was just about to ask the very same question! Be lucky!

three cute black plaster elephants in the grass
Plaster of Paris Casting and Painting
Crafts Home DecorJune 22, 2007
cleaning bucket
Cleaning Unpainted Plaster Walls
Patching a Plaster Wall
Patching a Plaster Wall
Sealing a Painted Deck
Sealing a Painted Deck
Green Plaster Walls
Painting Plaster Walls
🎄
🍂