Windex as a Stain Remover

By Alma 4 4

When in a pinch and you're out of carpet cleaner, use Windex spray to clean dirty spots on your carpet in your home or to clean your entire carpet in your car. It leaves your carpet smelling fresh and clean.

By anorman from Williamsport, TN

Filter Sort

By Lilac 20 1,329 Flag

I use windex for everything but you have to be careful around wood. It will take the finish off some pieces.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By brittany b 3 Flag

Do puke in the living room gone with window cleaner

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By brittany b 3 Flag

Dog puke in the living room gone with window cleaner

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Windex as a Stain Remover

This tip was serendipitously delivered to me this morning by our secretary at my office. She said last week she opened the junk closet at work and a can of paint fell out and the top came off. To get all the paint out of the carpet, she used windex. She said it also works on ink stains on clothes.

Well tonight my husband came home having had a pen leak all over his sport coat. It should have been ruined, but I got almost every speck of black ink out with Windex! It still needs to go to the cleaners, but it's saved! Makes me wonder if the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding was right...that Windex IS good for everything.

By Kathleen

Archive: Windex as a Stain Remover

To safely remove spots from a rug or carpet, spray it with a small amount of Windex and then scrub it with a stiff scrub brush. It takes the stain right out and dries quickly. I have tried this on several spots and they came right out.

By Pam from Ft. Mitchell, KY

Feedback:

RE: Windex as a Stain Remover

I use the Windex with vinegar (no ammonia) and it works very well for a quick clean up on most stains! (11/07/2007)

By camo_angels

RE: Windex as a Stain Remover

Be careful, I had a contractor use Windex to remove some little drops of sewer water that had dropped on to my carpet. All it did was spread the dirt around and left a blue/green stain that was much bigger than the original spot! Unfortunately I didn't see the above info until later, he used the Windex with ammonia, which I guess is a no-no. Now I have to google around for how to get Windex stains out of carpet :-) (03/15/2009)

By paulie569

Archive: Windex as a Stain Remover

My 18 month old recently managed to take a ballpoint pen to bed with her and draw all over a borrowed white Bubaroo sleeping bag and all over her sheets! I took it to the dry cleaners and they sprayed it with this clear liquid and told me to go straight home and rub in the liquid and wash with NapiSan and laundry liquid.

I did and the stain was gone completely. The pen was all over the bag. It smelled just like Windex although the woman told me it was a 'special' pen remover! I will try Windex in future and would recommend it as I have read many websites suggesting it as a stain remover.

By JillyG from Perth, AUS

Editor's Note: NapiSan is an Australian laundry product, similar to OxiClean.

Feedback:

RE: Windex as a Stain Remover

Cool, thank you for sharing! Pod (09/25/2009)

By Podnette

RE: Windex as a Stain Remover

Hand sanitizing lotion also works on ink. (09/26/2009)

By Danialle

RE: Windex as a Stain Remover

I've used glass cleaner with detergent for laundry stains. My all-time favorite for spots on furniture or carpeting is Spot Shot. I cleaned a 7 foot trail of very concentrated, permanent dark green dye (used for dying pysanka, eastern european easter eggs) from beige carpeting. I tried carpet shampoo, oxyclean, glass cleaner etc. without results. Spot Shot got it out. I removed ballpoint pen from a pale gold sofa recently, and it worked well without smudging the stain. You can't see a trace of either. (09/26/2009)

By Recovering Spendthrift

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 20, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:59:17 PM on 10.0.2.141 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

CommentsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings