Hearty Vegetable Soup
When it's cold, raining, snowing or icy, this soup will warm and give you comfort.
- 1-1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 28 ounces canned whole tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup yellow corn
- 1 cup shelled peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup cooked beans (kidney, black, or pinto), drained and rinsed
- 2 Tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large cooking pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Makes 8 (1 cup) servings.
By Connie from Cotter, AR
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 2:41:45 AM on 10.0.2.179 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us